+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: "good girls" vs. "skanks"

Case in point, Waggie. The women of LF that all say they like sex are called "freaky."

This is why you don't hear women talking about how much they like sex. A high libido in a woman is treated as somehow abnormal.

It doesn't mean they generally like sex any less, they just don't take the same kind of actions to get it.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Women here don't just say they like sex. They post plans to sexually amaze their boyfriends weeks in advance, or say they enjoy anal/facials, or discuss how frequently they enjoy to masturbate. Maybe it's because the Internet is more anonymous, so they don't feel ashamed. But even still, I am under the impression that this does not fit the majority of the population. True, I only have two exes, but neither of them was quite like that. I never got a huge sexy surprise on a special occasion. I got a card and cute little novelty toy.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    Women here don't just say they like sex. They post plans to sexually amaze their boyfriends weeks in advance, or say they enjoy anal/facials, or discuss how frequently they enjoy to masturbate. Maybe it's because the Internet is more anonymous, so they don't feel ashamed.
    Bingo. You hit the nail on the head. They're still thinking about it! They're just not as encouraged to be as vocal about it beyond an anonymous place like the net.

By the way, I don't totally disagree with what some of you guys have said about the way men and women are wired. I just think you'd be surprised at how often sexual thoughts bounce around in our brains.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I never got a huge sexy surprise on a special occasion. I got a card and cute little novelty toy.
    Damn. It's like she thought you were an eighth grade girl. That's lame.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Bingo. You hit the nail on the head. They're still thinking about it! They're just not as encouraged to be as vocal about it beyond an anonymous place like the net.

By the way, I don't totally disagree with what some of you guys have said about the way men and women are wired. I just think you'd be surprised at how often sexual thoughts bounce around in our brains.
    I don't know, I've been close enough to girls for them to speak openly with me, and I've been around drunk enough girls that they have no verbal filter. Until I hear, "I like facials, sometimes, when I'm feeling slutty," (paraphrased--can you guess the user?) I'm going to continue thinking that LF is not a representative sample. Just in general, an online forum never is, because the sample is necessarily biased toward people inclined to post about touchy things online.

I'm not saying girls don't like sex, or never think about slutty things. I'm just disagreeing about how much they do. I think people are too quick to attack any statement that could be construed as the product of sexism or stereotyping, even if it's not.

I think the statement was "I like cum anywhere except my face.....that's reserved for when I'm feeling especially whorish". I'll never EVER forget that statement
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Neither will I, man... neither will I.

I don't know, I've been close enough to girls for them to speak openly with me, and I've been around drunk enough girls that they have no verbal filter. Until I hear, "I like facials, sometimes, when I'm feeling slutty," (paraphrased--can you guess the user?) I'm going to continue thinking that LF is not a representative sample. Just in general, an online forum never is, because the sample is necessarily biased toward people inclined to post about touchy things online.

I'm not saying girls don't like sex, or never think about slutty things. I'm just disagreeing about how much they do. I think people are too quick to attack any statement that could be construed as the product of sexism or stereotyping, even if it's not.
    Hmmmm, apparently my friends are freakier than the norm?!? I suspected as much. I know plenty of girls that like facials, anal, threesomes, S&M, etc. We just don't tend to have these conversations when guys are present. I am sure that there are things you guys don't commonly talk about in front of women?

Personally, I think it is impossible to separate physical sex drive from the cultural and religious issues that so frequently can influence individual sexuality. I am too lazy/busy to look up the references for these (sorry), but I have read stories where women are more likely to lower their number of sexual partners when asked by a man, whereas men are likely to raise theirs when asked by a woman.

For all of the cultural shame inflicted upon women who are sexually open/promiscuous, there is shame put on men who are NOT interested in sex. Also, girls are more likely to have been sexually abused and/or raped than boys and men. That is obviously going to greatly influence someone's sexuality.

My gut feeling is that as a whole, men probably DO have a greater sex drive than women, but I think we should be careful in using this to judge/predict the behavior of individuals. I can say that in most of my relationships, I have had the higher drive. But obviously the plural of anecdote is not data, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnn View Post
    My gut feeling is that as a whole, men probably DO have a greater sex drive than women, but I think we should be careful in using this to judge/predict the behavior of individuals.
    Bingo! I agree 100%. Thank you.

Of course, we should be careful. I, too, believe it's bad to judge people before getting to know them. But fear of abuse shouldn't cause us to ignore probable facts.

So many things effect individual sex drives- age, depression, drug/alcohol use, exercise, sexual abuse (which can INCREASE a libido or decrease it)- everybody is different. I think everybody is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    So many things effect individual sex drives- age, depression, drug/alcohol use, exercise, sexual abuse (which can INCREASE a libido or decrease it)- everybody is different. I think everybody is different.
    Everybody is different, but there are obvious trends. Testosterone has been linked to both sex drive and aggression. Is there any real doubt that men tend to be more aggressive than women? Hint: look at gender differences for who most often joins the military, plays rough full-contact sports, and gets into fistfights.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    And me. I've never had a relatinship where I've gotten more sex that I ideally desired.
    So did your partner(s) know that ? Why or why not ?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I think the statement was "I like cum anywhere except my face.....that's reserved for when I'm feeling especially whorish". I'll never EVER forget that statement
    Neither will I, man... neither will I.
    LOL, I don't know who made the comment, but the impact it made on you guys is hilarious.

You can't imagine people posting something outrageous on the internet b/c, well, its the internet?

It was Qwerty, lol!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast