+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What now??

What now??

im 17 and a girl a liked a lot has just given the boot, for all sorts of reasons! It doesnt matter what i do, everything remiends me of her and i just cant get her out of my head. ive accepted thats it and shes just not interested and i know ive got to keep busy to take my mind off her but im finding it hard. anything i do provokes thoughts of her. What should i do? a friend told me a good way of getting over a girl is by getting out there and meeting another one, I mean is that a good thing to do?

I really know nothing of this, you know more about relationships than I do, but I'd say it's normal everything reminds you of her, you need to give it some time to cool off, probably meeting other people might help like your friend said.

I'm going through the same thing at the moment. I got dumped a few months back and a month later I met this other girl after a party. I slept round her place, didnt shag her or anything. Unfortunatley while I was with her all I could think about was my ex as this girl I was with wasnt really doing anything for me. Now if anything I miss my ex more than I did before I was with this other girl. Still my ex has no interest in me so theres zilch I can do about it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that meeting other people may help but it can also have the opposite affect. The only thing you can do sometimes is just let time do its thing.

I assure you that you are not in the boat by yourself and there are others that have been booted. Time will heal all wounds, even a broken heart but you have to keep moving in the right direction and take care of yourself. Happiness will find you again soon.
    Try something new.