+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: When a man asks you about the size of his penis...

The fact that guys are asking you the question must make u feel good Vashti. I'm sure they wouldn't be asking just ANY nurse.

I'm not so familiar with the nursing profession so pardon me for asking this : how many penis's do u see in a day at work ?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    The fact that guys are asking you the question must make u feel good Vashti. I'm sure they wouldn't be asking just ANY nurse.

I'm not so familiar with the nursing profession so pardon me for asking this : how many penis's do u see in a day at work ?
    yeah, lol! i don't see any penises at work
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Vash, are these guys asking you to look while they're flaccid or hard or what? Some guys are show-ers and some guys are growers. You can't really tell how big a dick is until it's fully erect, and if I were a nurse, I'd slap somebody for flashing his woody at me.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Vash, are these guys asking you to look while they're flaccid or hard or what? Some guys are show-ers and some guys are growers. You can't really tell how big a dick is until it's fully erect, and if I were a nurse, I'd slap somebody for flashing his woody at me.
    Ha! They are flaccid! And they usually ask late in my shift or the second day I have them. I had one guy who was really over the line, but I ended up having to catheterize him, and he settled down after that.

But that reminds me - I had an old male patient whose penis I needed to look at because it had a nasty skin tear on it, and it was erect when I looked. I was think "jeezus, this guy is over 90! But right as I was thinking it was gonna be one of THOSE kind of days, he told me that he had a penile implant.

(side note - it was crooked! the MD said the guy would need a GPS system to find his way in! hahahahah!!!)

Anyway asdfg789, I see penises every single day at work unless I have only female patients, and even then, I am likely to see some other guy's penis when helping out a coworker. How many I see in a day depends on my patient load and whether or not I am working in the ER doing intake assessments. On my regular floor, maybe 5 a day, but in the ER, I look at every single male who is admitted through that department. Don't worry though... the nurses don't really even notice size unless it is way outside of normal.

And yes, I know they aren't asking all the nurses. i tend to connect to a lot of people pretty easily at work, so I think they have usually developed a certain amount of trust in me.
    Last edited by vashti; 30-03-10 at 02:09 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Wow ! Next time i'm around your neighbourhood, i'm gonna have a fall or something so i can come thru your ER and ask you THE QUESTION

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't bother. I only work in the ER when I am floated there.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Damn ! So i will never find out the real answer ? (

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm sure it's the biggest I ever saw.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I'm sure it's the biggest I ever saw.
    Errr ... more like the biggest you never saw

Isn't the diplomatic answer something like "big enough to find in the dark, small enough to fit through the door" ?

Great thread here, vashti. I have a few questions. When hospitalized a few years ago, I had to be catheterized (so they said). When the time came, a young nurse came in, explained a little bit and proceded to do the job. She began to have some trouble and said she had to get some help. She returned and two of them worked at it until they got the cath in. I might add that my penis normally retracts all the way inside my body when flaccid. I don't remember everything about it because I was so embarrassed with two young attractive females seeing what I had, not to mention handing it. At the time I was younger and very embarrassed when anyone learned about my size and I think this embarrassment caused my penis to pull even further into my body. Is it possible that nurse #1 didn't know how to deal with this and had to get nurse #2 to help? Also, I've read on various forums that nurses might sometimes go get a co-worker to come "help" when not necessary so they can see an unusually large or small penis. Have you ever known nurses to do this? I've always wondered if this didn't happen in my case, although nurse #1 was very young and surely inexperienced.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, we see enough small penises that we don't call people in to look at them. the fact that yours retracts into your body makes it harder to insert, and I don't know how old you are, but in males, enlarged prostates also complicate matters. I usually only need help when inserting catheters into women because they are slippery. My guess is that you had someone who was simply inexperienced... maybe even a student?

I don't know if she was a student or not but I do recall that she was very young. I'm 60 now and this was about 6-7 years ago. Can you address the issue of the mens' embarrassment? I know from my experience and reading posts from other guys that most are very uneasy with being bare in front of the nurses. Do you sense this embarrassment? Do men ever just say they're embarrassed? Do they ever try to resist being exposed?

I have two friends who are nurses. Believe me, they don't view penises like the rest of the female population. They don't really care about the size of your wiener.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I assume they are ALL embarrassed; I definitely would be, despite knowing first hand how little thought a nurse gives the size issue. For that reason, I generally avoid taking extra people in with me when I am putting one in, although I WILL observe if a student is doing it (to intervene if it's taking too long).

I explain WHY the catheter needs to be inserted, so people understand why they are necessary, and if the are going for surgery, I advise the patient (informally) to refuse allowing insertion until they are under the effects of anesthesia... less embarrassing that way...the only ones I remember afterwards are the ones that gave me a "first time I've seen that" experience.

Based on your age, I am guessing the difficulty was your prostate. Sometimes we have to use a special catheter with a more flexible tip to get them around the prostate, and despite that, we sometimes STILL have to call a urologist in to insert them.

Anyway, I know it's a pretty traumatic procedure for most people... sometimes it can't be avoided. And believe it or not, there are people who have this done multiple times a day because they can't otherwise drain their bladder... I guess you can get used to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimj View Post
    Great thread here, vashti. I have a few questions. When hospitalized a few years ago, I had to be catheterized (so they said). When the time came, a young nurse came in, explained a little bit and proceded to do the job. She began to have some trouble and said she had to get some help. She returned and two of them worked at it until they got the cath in. I might add that my penis normally retracts all the way inside my body when flaccid. I don't remember everything about it because I was so embarrassed with two young attractive females seeing what I had, not to mention handing it. At the time I was younger and very embarrassed when anyone learned about my size and I think this embarrassment caused my penis to pull even further into my body. Is it possible that nurse #1 didn't know how to deal with this and had to get nurse #2 to help? Also, I've read on various forums that nurses might sometimes go get a co-worker to come "help" when not necessary so they can see an unusually large or small penis. Have you ever known nurses to do this? I've always wondered if this didn't happen in my case, although nurse #1 was very young and surely inexperienced.
    Jim, please pardon my childish curiousity here, but does your penis retracting into your body have something to do with your age or has it always been like that?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast