+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I just dont know... :-(

I just dont know... :-(

Hello all, I’m new to this site this is my first thread but here goes nothing.

Quick background on me and my situation.

Me and me Fiancé have been together for 2.5 years, we have been living together for 2 years. For the first 1.5 years fighting was minimal and when we did fight it was always about the same thing. I love her to death but according to her I have trust issues & I’m controlling.

She has an ex who she has fought very hard to remain friends with though out our entire relationship, even if it would cause a huge fight.

She talks to him what seems like every day, but I don't know for sure. We have made compromises when it comes to the fights we had over her friend, who I view as an ex, such as not talking to him every day, & other things, but after a month or 2 she breaks her half of the compromise saying I’m being controlling.

Just recently, she had made plans to go out with him and their mutual friends from when they were dating. The plans were that all of them were going to meet up at his house and party before going to a bar. I was working that night and not able to go along. I asked her how she was going to get home because I didn't want her drinking and driving, and she said that she will be not drinking all night so that she can get home.

Well what actually happened was quite different. All the friends what were going to be going to his house with her decided not to go. She was over at his house drinking for several hours before going to the bar and meeting up with some of his other friends. She tells me that they were at the bar for an hour or so and then went back to his house to watch a movie and sober up so she could drive home. She didn’t make it home until 5:50am, 10 min before I was supposed to be home from work.

She never told me she was going to be alone with him at his place, and I saw that as inappropriate and a slap in my face. She saw it as she did nothing wrong and was just hanging out with a friend.

I’m just so tired of fighting over this and I feel like she crossed the line. I need people thoughts on guy and girl alone together and this situation.

All comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    The Guy who doesn’t know what to do.

I would hit the ****ing roof. This is NOT okay. It's not "girlfriend behavior".
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks I thought so, anyone else?

I'm unsure why men would put up with a woman like this.

Thinks it's ok to go gallavanting off with her ex, then turns the situation around to make it appear you are the bad guy, as in you are controlling? Unbelievable.

She has you well and truly under her thumb. Why put up with this crap?

And the only reason I'd want to remain friends with an ex and go off partying with him, is if he was a guy I still had the hots for.......sorry

Tbh, I'm still friends with a lot of my exs.

I wouldn't go off and party with them if my boyfriend at the time said no, unless something else was going on with the ex and me.
    At which I point I wouldn't waste current boyfriend's time, but that's just me.

Sounds like she knew what she was getting in to before she even left the house.
    Give me something I can take,
    Can take to make the memories fade.
    Poison kiss, remember this,
    I never was meant for this day.

She could have got a cab home - there's just no excuse to be spending the night drunk over at some other dude's house when you already have a partner, more so if the dude in question happens to be an ex. It's unacceptable. Even if it was all totally innocent she should understand how it looks completely dodgy. Think it's time you had one last, long, McSerious chat avec ultimatums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

i agree with everyone... i would feel betrayed too. if she was really that drunk, she could have called u, or texted you, or told you whats up. she shouldnt have gotten drunk at his place because thats probably what he wanted. this girl needs to stop blaming you for her being a douche. you dont deserve that, especially from someone who u love.