+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do dating advices and rules really work?

Do dating advices and rules really work?

I do not like to follow too much dating advices, i think that the best thing for everyone to do is to follow your heart. You have done it in the past and it worked, the same should hold true now. Do what you feel works for you. If thats making the call then go for it. at least in the end you know you tried.

That only works if you have good instincts. Not everyone does.
    Spammer Spanker

Thats fascinating.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

It's quite a conundrum that you are asking peoples advice on a "love forum" about wether or not dating advice and rules work.

I was abit dubious about asking for advice on a forum.
    but i found people who care about me just tell me what i wanna hear. People on this forum dont have any emotional connection with me and tell it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dono01 View Post
    it's quite a conundrum that you are asking peoples advice on a "love forum" about wether or not dating advice and rules work.
    lmao !!

An outside perspective is extremely effective IMO.

It's always the case when someone can see someones an idiot for doing/believing or whatever something, but they can't see it themselves. I myself have though "I wish I could see the ouside perspective!" on things. But being the one involved makes it like a mental block.

Love is blind.

Oh the irony!

Different strokes for different folks - it may have worked previously but it doesn't mean it's immunised against backfiring. Nothing is ever a sure thing, nothing is ever guaranteed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by peterp View Post
    i think that the best thing for everyone to do is to follow your heart. .
    I think that is the worst advice ever. The heart will double-cross you every time. You need to use your brain.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by siobhan123 View Post
    I was abit dubious about asking for advice on a forum.
    but i found people who care about me just tell me what i wanna hear. People on this forum dont have any emotional connection with me and tell it how it is.
    Best way and to tell it how it is. Know I appreciate honesty rather than people just to be nice and say what they think I want to hear.

I know of one forum where you are banned, for saying it how it is and upsetting people who don't want to hear the truth :|

Quote Originally Posted by peterp View Post
    I do not like to follow too much dating advices, i think that the best thing for everyone to do is to follow your heart. You have done it in the past and it worked, the same should hold true now. Do what you feel works for you. If thats making the call then go for it. at least in the end you know you tried.
    Wait until you get your heart broken...?

I certainly agree with the concept of knowing you tried though. You certainly don't want to be left wondering "what if?" because you half assed it. We all make mistakes and we all at some point lack experience. Your heart doesn't magically transform you and give you all the answers you need because you love them.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.