+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there someone out there for me???

Is there someone out there for me???

Really... Is there someone out there for me....
    i've been asking that question since i became aware of the word called "love". and lately, i'm thinking of that again and again, when me and my boyfriend for six years broke-up. My situation now is very hard. I fell inlove and thought that we would end up together. And now, it's like starting over. Thinking if i was meant to be with someone for the rest of my life. I am a very simple girl, living a simple quiet life. i don't like to go out that much, i'd rather stay at home. and i don't think that having that routine in my life would get me a guy. but i'm still hoping. and it sucks sometimes. chatting became my outlet. and i know it is stupid to think that maybe one day i will meet a great guy in the "chatroom". pretty desperate huh...
    honestly, i am so lonely this past few weeks. and sad. i just hope i get pass this. and i hope that i fell inlove again asap. because i have so much love to give, and no one to give it with....
    someone, give me advice or something...

It's a difficult situation to be in. To have somebody that you have known, confided in, spent so much time and energy with, just disappear, leaving you with a void that can't just be filled with anyone. Like you lost a part of you, a limb. Now, it's about relearning to do the things you like without that limb. Relearning to be happy on your own because when you are happy on your own, you will able to be happy with somebody else. I promise.

Waiting around for it to pass isn't going to really get you anywhere. There will be multiple rough patches that you will hit and how you deal with them will really tell you a lot about who you are. Okay, so you live a simple life and you are a home body. There is nothing wrong with that. But there is a big world out there and there is a lot to do. I say this because I feel like we are very similar. I mean I do like to go out a lot, I got a little too crazy with the college life. But other than that, I'm big on watching movies, TV shows, DVDs, etc. and hanging around the house, being a bum. I dated a girl that loved to go out and do things, be spontaneous, go on adventures, go to new places and see new things. It really opened my eyes to that, and now that I'm on my own when she dumped me, it gave me a little sense of the things to do out there. I want to do those things now.

I think it's important to find that sense of adventure because that will help you get out there and meet new people. There really is nothing more rewarding than establishing relationships with people you meet, be it friends or more. There are places to go, things to do, people to meet. If you are looking for a new relationship, this will help you get out there and put you in contention.

Some small steps would be taking classes or getting a gym membership. You will feel like you are doing something with yourself, be it learning and putting yourself into a position to advance your career, or the healthy and look good feel good feeling you get from getting into shape. It's certainly a start.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

thank you so much for your thoughts...
    i really hope i can do those things. it seems to me now that i can't get out of my comfort zone. i feel that i am afraid to be rejected.
    i don't know, sometimes i can't handle myself.
    but thanks again... have a nice day.

I know how you must feel anjella, i did try dating a girl not so long ago but found i didn't have those "butterflies" like i did with my ex, also the girl i was dating wanted to go out to drink when really i'd rather snuggle up to a great film and talk. Im not so much as a "go out" person myself, as i'm not a huge drinker.
    I feel lonely now real bad but i've noticed it comes and passes and i hold on to the fact that one day i WILL meet the love of my life, you just haven't to give up on hope and that should pull you through your darkest days.
    I've took up some hobbies such as playing the guitar again, keeping fit and improving on my art - im not saying it will help you but it helps me in spare moments i have alone and keeps me busy from thinking i'm lonely.
    All the best x

do what all girls do in this sad world
    Abandon all hope, ye who seek love.

My college roommate felt like this after she and her boyfriend of five years broke up. Two years later, she met the man of her dreams and moved to New Zealand to marry him. They're living happily ever after.

This could happen to you too. Look forward, not back.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Miloo View Post
    do what all girls do in this sad world
    you sound like ALL girls are innocent angels.. most are just a devils in a guise.
    "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
    -- Mignon McLaughlin

Anjella,do not despair. When you least expect it, you will find true love...the perfect match.
    I was married for 12 years, and was miserable most of those years. Last summer, I said to my buddy I'll never fall in love again.
    I rejected all possibilities of love and sex....I was gonna be alone, and do stuff on my own.
    Then suddenly I met this amazing woman,.....who was not only the most beautiful woman I have ever met in my life, but also enjoyed all of the geeky stuff that I enjoyed.
    We became good friends, and shared many nights of laughter. Then one night, we both realized that we found our true love....
    Although it has only been 6 months for me, I am so in love right now I can't imagine being any happier.
    This is something to look forward to..... I guarantee it'll happen.... This is a built-in mechanism of our evolutionary adaptation. Our species depends on this happening.

i envy your love story...
    it's hard to be positive at this moment of my life. it's like i'm running out of time.
    i just hope that i met that someone special soon... :-)
    thank y'all for your comments. nice to hear your opinions and your being positive about things.

There is always someone for someone. I have seen very morose people find a complete soul mate. It is not just people with attractive personalities that find great partners. You just have a different and maybe more selective taste. You will eventually find someone who you admire and love and get the same in return. Do not give up hope.

I don't have much to add except what I've noticed in life
    is that the most successful relationships tend to start when
    neither party was actively looking. Keep that in mind.
    You have my sympathies.
    Last edited by Yandzibar; 27-04-10 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Forgot a word