+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My "Strange" Brain

My "Strange" Brain

So I'm writing ths because I just realized that I'm rally a good listener to what girls say, really a good listener and I simply hate that, like for exaple a girl says:

"I like shirts with big squares" and if she said that 2 or 3 months ago, I can still remenber what she said exactly.

My problem is...is it really bad to have a good memory when it comes to conversations?, because of that I get to know girls really quick and then there's no "really good" conversations, just normal ones like what happened in school or something.

P.S: and I just get stuck in the Best Friend or Really good frend position when it comes to a girl I like.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe if you stopped listening to them, they'd stop putting you in the friend zone.

If you meet the right girl you'll realize that it doesn't matter if your talking or not...just being around them in total silence makes you happier than being around anybody else and talking.

Its a connection that really can't be explained.

Me and my gf have moments of silence and we really don't mind it and even mentioned that we don't mind it...we have known each other so long we are comfortable being by ourselves mentally while being together physically.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

I love that my boyfriend remembers the things that I say. He remembers the names of my friends and coworkers that I mention, previous conversations we've had, and special moments we've shared. It astounds me because he's very forgetful in other ways like texting me BEFORE he has to bail on plans.

Certain phrases and topics stick out in our minds if we have some sort of connection to them, or we find them to be a bit strange. I'd remember someone who said they like shirts with big squares too, 'cause that's kind of random You also tend to pay a bit more attention when you're interested in someone.

Once you get to know someone, their daily routine, and their favorite type of cereal, it's important to try to expand the conversation. I don't mean you have to have an intense political debate or anything. I like to push the boundaries by introducing topics that really reveal a person's character. If I bring up religion, I'm not doing so to bash them, or to purposely disagree with them, but I want to see how a person handles potentially difficult topics. I prefer to keep a lot of friends that are open-minded and accepting of the fact that organized religion is not a part of my life.

Before we got together my boyfriend and I sat up all night in a cafe talking over coffee. We hadn't meant to stay all night, but we got into some really good talks about relationships, and people, and life in general. How far you want to take a conversation is up to you and your comfort level. Perhaps you just haven't met someone yet that you feel you can share more with. I don't think your conversation tactics are what keep you in the friend zone. I think you are waiting for the relationship to progress naturally from friendship to dating when in reality you need to be the driving force behind that decision. Nothing "just happens". You have to work for it.

Dude, you're complaining about having a great memory? That's awesome! Everyone likes someone who remembers stuff they said, it means they paid attention. Isn't one of the biggest complaints of women "guys just don't listen"? There you go.

Can't help you on the friend zone thing, I'm eternally there too. I think it comes down to learning to act "sexy", not physically, but psychologically... being charming, pushing the right buttons and choosing the time to make a move. Not all people can do that though. I am not bad looking but I'm incapable of being "sexy". Can you find it in yourself?

(hey look at that, a fellow Portuguese!)
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

I was going to post something astounding, life changing and meaningful.

but i forgot.

I see I picked a good night to join these forums . LoveManiac I also have the gift of remembering exacts words from conversations that can occur from a long time ago. I have not really found this to be a problem at all (if only I could apply it to my schoolwork, haha ). As for being stuck in the friend zone I am like this with most girls, in fact most girls find me to be a great friend and I can't say there are any that I would honestly want to be in a relationship with for the most part. I can say thought that I pride myself on my excellent memory when socializing, I remember so many things people say and I am sure if you can point something out to a girl that you are interested in that you remember from a past conversation she will most likely enjoy that. Now once you have caught her eye with this wonderful memory you will have to move on to another stage of trying to become more that just a friend, and I am no expert in that.