+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What are the signs of attraction if you see her everyday

What are the signs of attraction if you see her everyday

Simple question. What are the signs of attraction from a woman if you see her everyday?

I mean if you spend a lot of time with a woman because you work with her, spend breaks together with the rest of the team etc. how can you make a conclustion if she likes you or not. I mean there is so much interaction going on, you can't judge if a person likes you by the some guidelines as if you just got to know the person. Right?

Any comments are appreciated.

Does she do anything with you that she doesn't do with anyone else? That's usually a good start. If she calls everyone by their name but has a nickname for you. Or if she makes physical contact (touching your arm when talking, etc) but doesn't with anyone else. Much of flirting is really only clear when you compare it to how she acts with everyone else.

I think I am treated differently but what about also lack of something which does with everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by yam48 View Post
    I think I am treated differently but what about also lack of something which does with everybody else.
    Sex?

In seriousness, I'd say most of the above posters are right, it's seeing if she does things to you that she doesn't do to anyone else. On top of that, if you're flirting with her, how does she react? Is it reciprocated, or laughed off, or rejected?

Ok let me try to explain this

I work with this woman for 40+ hours a week. We have a great professional relationship and we have also become good friends.

Now she is a very outgoing and confident woman and will tell you straight in your face what she thinks even if you will not like it. However with me she tends to not say her opinion or say it in a way that I will not get offended.

She jokes a lot with my coworkers especially to make fun of them (they can be a bit of a jerks at times) I am immune from this and the jokes towards me are very light hearted. Its not the first time that when one of us cracks a joke will lock eyes for a couple of seconds to share the joke with the occasinal wink.

Sometimes we get into conversations and we completly forget the rest of the team and keep talking for a long time.

But we have a lot of hot and cold moments. Sometimes when we are out socially she can be right in my face all the time or she can complelty almost avoding me.

I know that like me she thinks a relationship with a coworker is inappropriate and both dont want to be involved in any office gossip so if there are any feelings they are being hidden but I really want to know if there is something else beyond the great friendship we have.

There are many different ways to notice attraction consciously and unconsciously one good way is to learn some body language, some say that body languages is 80 % of what we are saying. For exempel do she mirror you or does her body point to you?

Yeap I know some body language. I swear I have seen her pupils dilate to almost double the size once. But how reliable and frequent these have to be when you meet someone so much?

When it comes to dilating pupils it can be hard to be sure because the lightning can change in a room and so on. But in general body language is reliable. But you have to think of the situation, for exempel does she cross her arms because she is uncomfortable or do she cross them because it's a habit thing. You should also look for things that combines like, she is mirroring you and pointing towards you and having dilating pupils and so on. Another thing is if she is weary close to you when you talk and are comfortable ( girls have different comfortable zones for different people) .

I did some reading on body language and signs of attraction some weeks ago. Most of them refer to when you meet someone for the first time or in a social setting so I don't know how relevant they are in my situation.

What I am doing is comparing what I see with me with what she does with some co-workers of mine.

Example mirroring, I believe it happens but I don’t know who follows who but many times we do finish in the same position (like hand in pocket or resting against the wall)
    Legs and whole body pointing at me. This happens quite regularly.

Biting of the lips, seen this a couple of times and when its combined with dreamy eyes, little smile and some hair playing, I seriously can’t look at her  This does happen with other people but I don’t think it’s that often but I never seen her biting her lips with others.

Personal space. She is quite an invader at times and sometimes its me who pulled back!! At one party at Christmas she was showing some photographs around. When she showed them to me the distance was zero, her body was resting from shoulder to hip against mine and I payed attention and it didn’t happen with anyone else.
    Today I also realised that many times we do finish sitting near each other in meetings and in many photos of the team either at work or when we are out we are right beside each other.

One other thing, if I remember correctly at the beginning she used to come at work with her hair pulled back and with glasses on. She only used to come with her hair done and contact lenses maybe once a week or only when she had a meeting to attend. Now it’s 4 times a week and it doesn’t matter if she has a meeting or not.

But the biggest difference is in her attitude compared with other people. Sometimes she becomes distant almost shy towards me, now as I said before this is a serious outgoing person. Some say its good but I serious hate when I get to know something about her which seriously shows she preferred telling it to a co-worker then to me!! Sometimes I think she knows I like her and feels uncomfortable with me, sometimes I think its the other way round and sometimes I think there is absolutely nothing (just friendship and admiration) and I am just a dumbass which fell for her normality.

Ok, well what i read of the post, Ii nptice many signs that points towards attraction. But you cannot analyze this your whole life so with this signs in mind i think that you should ask her. Because i know it can be hard to be interested in someone and not doing anything about it.

Sounds like she digs you, but has a thing about being sprung despite not being able to turn off her body language and dolling herself up.

The winking is a telltale sign though...