+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it worth saying anything to him?

fourleafclover Guest

Is it worth saying anything to him?

I'm on a working holiday visa the other side of the world to my home country. I've been working in one city for 3 months, and in 2 weeks time I'll be moving on and doing more travelling.

I met this guy at work who I've spent a fair amount of time with and have fallen for. I don't want to go into too much detail as it would make this a looong post, but I don't think I realised quite how much I liked him until this week, when I went from feeling absolutely ecstatic on Thursday when another workmate told me she thought the guy likes me (I didn't bring it up, she did, and she doesn't know I like him), to feeling pretty much heartbroken on Friday when he told me he'd invited another woman from work on a camping trip with him and his friends, which he originally invited me to but I couldn't go.

My best friend has been telling me that life is short and we regret the things we DON'T do more than the things we do, and that I should tell him how I feel. In a way, I agree, and if I was staying I think I would, but would there really be any point telling him? If he doesn't like me then I'll feel like an idiot. But if he DOES..I'm still leaving, this is a trip I've been dreaming of taking for years, and I'm not about to put my dreams aside for this guy who I a) don't know if he likes me and b) don't know how compatible we would be in the long run.

This still got long, I'm sorry. I just don't know what to do and having only been in this city a short while I don't have many friends here to ask for advice!

I always tend to think that if a man likes a woman in 'that' way, he makes it known and you never have to second guess a man who may have a 'real' interest in you.

Saying that, what have you got to loose if you tell him. The worst that can happen, is that he will say he doesn't feel the same, life will still go on and it saves you wasting any further time on him.

fourleafclover Guest
    Thanks. I just don't know..you're probably right, if he liked me that much he would probably say something, knowing that I'm leaving soon. It's just hard to accept

fourleafclover Guest
    Hm, I really was hoping to get more advice in a 'Love advice' forum

Personally, I think it would still be worth it to tell him. I've done this before with girls I even knew were a long shot just because I wanted them to know - it's a really sweet gesture and always makes the other person feel positive even if they don't reciprocate. In other words, just do it for the sake of telling him, not for his response (and it'll make you feel better too). The only time I'd say this wasn't a good idea is if you have the potential to damage a strong friendship, but that's not a problem in your case it seems.

It sounds like a crush with no future. What could possibly happen between you? Do you want a casual hookup before you leave?
    Spammer Spanker