+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How is it that

How is it that

Blonde confusing herself!
    Ok so as Im sitting here relaxing before I have to go to work tonight and reading some of these posts. I am wondering people who are in the same situations as I am how I can give them great advice on love and what to do but just cant give myself advice or when I do try to think of advices for myself in the situations that I am in I always think that oh but this is different than everyone elses. Is it common that I can give great advice to other people in the same situations as me but cant take my own advice. I dont know if its cause I dont want to believe in my advice or what?

anybody out there that can answer this.

You're not the only one, a lot of people have that problem. So giving great advice but not able to abide by them yourself. It's usually easier said than done, having people trust in you for advice in general. Not that you don't believe in your own words sometimes I feel like there's a way around it. I know this isn't much help but hey, I'm in the same boat... You're not the only one

Well at least I know im not the only one in the same boat. I just wish I could just trust my own advice when it comes to my situations. It sucks cause my friends here dont give much advice cause they dont know cause they are all married and happy.

I think that people tend not to follow their own advice or trust their own advice and because most people are in 'denial.

These people tend to think that their relationship is 'unique', very different to everyone elses - that if only they do this or do that, then their relationship will succeed where everyone elses failed.

While circumstances may differ, it is surprising how very much these stories are alike and the majority do and will end the same way.

I used to be a person that didn't follow my own advice, nor the advice of others, hence is why I was hurt time and time again.
    Like others, I hung on in there, thought my situation was 'different'......but it wasn't.

These days I just don't settle for less than I want, or deserve. I can easily tell the difference between an ungenuine guy with a half hearted interest and a genuine guy with a 'real' interest.
    So I rarely have to look for advice anymore and I make fewer mistakes.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 30-04-10 at 02:35 AM.

It's normal. I go out with friends and can spot every person who is flirting with them. I go out by myself, and I turn into this guy (book included): [url=http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1650]Comic[/url]

We can give advice because we are able to remain dispassionate. But when our emotions come into play, we lose our objectivity.
    Last edited by sehvral; 30-04-10 at 03:35 AM. Reason: corrected link