+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So lost, but is it wrong to break up with someone because..

So lost, but is it wrong to break up with someone because..

Well, here is some background information.

I am a girl and I have a girlfriend. I literally JUST broke up with her, but i really don't want to. I am currently in college and moving further ahead in my life. My girlfriend is still in high school.

A few months into the relationship, I feel like she cannot much for me in the money department. I am the spender. Which i am fine with. She at least finally has a job now. We're at 10 months now.

But another issue is...she is struggling to graduate High School. The whole entire school year she has been trying but she didn't even make grades for softball.

I just want her to graduate. If she doesn't, I want to break up with her. And i have told her that.

But even if she does or doesn't graduate, is it wrong to want to break up with her because I can't find security with her in the future? How do i know she will be able to support me? How will I know she won't be a slack off before its too late?

I love her, but I want to look out for me...but am I being too shallow? What do I do?

We share and give love to each other very much, but when it comes to who pays for the check or who has the car....or the job.... I feel i suffer in that department, even tho i know she tries and gives me all that she can.

I am afraid she will be lazy and not be at my level in terms of career. Do I stay?

You're her girlfriend, not her mom. She's not at the same maturity level you are, in more than one area.

The Breakup Police aren't going to come after you on this one.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's wrong to want your gf to support you. Support your own spending habits.

She is your girlfriend, not your ATM. Do you mean that you have to fund her as well, that she ain't pulling her weight or that you just want to sponge off her?

And if she is struggling to graduate you should be supporting and encouraging her, not pressurising her further by placing ultimatums on her. Wow, you sound like such an amazing girlfriend, so selfless, giving and thoughtful, not at all inconsiderate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

How will I know she will be able to financially support me
    UNBELIEVABLE! lol