+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Maybe just another one of those doomed online relationships?/WoW related

southern cali. near beautiful mountains, bout 20 mins away from LA

Maybe just another one of those doomed online relationships?/WoW related

Alright folks, im going to go on my rant here and hope it doesnt make it to one of those doomed internet relationships collection lol, though i wouldnt mind if it did either.
    Ok, im about to turn 20 years old this april..figured you guys will ask for age eventually. the man im writing in question is 28.
    So im a serious girl, that doesnt fall in love easily at all, i have a more cynical and real view of things, but deep inside im a little romantic, just a little. After my last breakup with my boyfriend i didnt go out with anyone or like anybody.for over a year. Not because the last guy hurt me that bad, but because it simply didnt develop, i wasnt looking for anybody and take life as it came.
    There was a guy that fell for me, but i just dont have the same feelings towards him. Im a world of warcraft player, this guy that fell for me got me into it. But recently, i met this guy on this game, it was a random meeting, a simple /emote was what started our conversation. He instantly alluded what my character name was about and we started talking alot after we found we had MANY things in common. As soon as he told me what he did for a living(which was the same field i plan to be in) BAM, this strong feeling came over like a flash of lighting and i was completely and undoubtedly sure that this guy was the guy i was waiting to find. Within hours of chatting and playing together we developed a strong connection. and since then, we both feel like were falling for eachother. Now im not one to admit to love easily, so im just going to say i feel a very strong caring and loving feeling towards this man, we can be completely honest with eachother and feel comfortable. We video chatted once before so i can tell you his picture and actions match him, also we use the game to roleplay as if we were on a date online, if it sounds odd, it is but it works. Weve only known eachother online for a few weeks, but we have already decided that this will eventually go farther than just friendship and are taking it slowly. He plans to save and come visit me, im in south california, hes in quebec,canada. I have enough saved up that i can afford a trip too, but is better if he comes (gotta be cautious like any other online thing you know). So my question is to you all:

Do you guys see any hope in this, or you think this will be another setup for failure as an online started relationship?

PS: if it helps you guys to know this, my ex boyfriend and i broke up because he fell for someone else(and much older too) while i was in military training. They met on myspace (crazy right?) they lived thousands of miles apart and he left to be with her and are now planning to get married!

Any feedback on this would be great. thank you for listening to my rant.
    Patience is a Virtue.

At first, I was checking this thread to make sure that a classmate of mine didn't post it as he's in a smiliar situation [only different is that they've actually met and do regularly].

You made a good choice in not being the one to spend money visiting him because it could have not been as safe as you'd think. It's quite impossible to say you have real feelings for someone just over the internet and some videos. There might be some but they're not real until you have him "real" beside you. If he does visit you and everything goes well, then it's really just for you to decide. If those feelings go further, then go for it but do be aware that he will be in Canada whilst you're in S.California. Just be cautious and careful when he does first visit, just so that you can get a clear view of him. If something feels odd then something most likely is.

You can't love someone until you determine whether or not you have chemistry together, and you have to do that in person. If you don't, you've just met your BFF.

Arrange to meet before you ask yourself or anyone else to take this seriously.
    Spammer Spanker

yeah youre right, i cant actually determine if its love until i meet him, for now i will take it as a strong bond, and posiibly best friends. but i will be cautious if i meet him and bring my friend with me who has had many years of martial arts experience in case he wants to pull something lol. One can never be too cautious.
    Patience is a Virtue.

Y'know what? Love happens between two people even if it starts from an mmorpg. I met someone from an mmorpg a couple years ago...we were good friends for a few years before I happened to travel to an area close to where he lived. We met up (yes, risky business), but we hit it off and went out for a couple of years before it ended. The reason it ended was for the same reasons any long distance relationship ends. I won't get into it. I also want to say that I know a couple getting married this year, who met in WoW. If you hit it off with this guy, and you really like each other, you'll need to make sacrifices for each other in order to be together in the long run. It's not easy, but it CAN work. There are success stories out there. Although it may not've worked between me and my mmorpg friend, we still remain really good friends today, and I'm glad we gave it a try because I wouldn't wanna be nagged by those "what if" thoughts.

Queen Bee, thats great to hear, its good to hear a positive side of things, i like to hear both. If this works out, it would be one of the greatest things, that id never otherwise believe can happen.
    Patience is a Virtue.

so, i come back to this thread once more, only to notify you all that this nice development that was happening ended abruptly about a month ago. We were just fine and decided to take things more seriously and were planing when to meet during the summer. But he suddenly started not logging in and being ofline for a whole week, when he came back he said he hadnt logged in because his father was really sick and he was worried about him and took care of some issues with it. He told me that he would at least try to email me everyday or tell me if he wasnt going to be able to mesage me. But like 3 days later he completely didnt show up on the radar anymore...i sent him emails trying to reach and ask what happened. no reply. there was a package he told me he was going to send me the first week of april for my birthday...never arrived. i sent him about 10 mails within a week. i was worried something might've happened to him but eventually it started wearing down..about two weeks after the abrupt stop..i noticed his facebook was deleted from my friends and surely enough his profile was deleted. thats weird because i had checked the day before and it was still there. So idk what happened to him, havent heard from him since...i slowly gave up on him.

Now im talking to someone i had met in world of warcraft before i met him and we've become good buddies, this friend lives only 6hrs away from me in the same state whereas the guy i wrote this thread about lived in quebec....waaaayyyyyyy farther. we have developed a nice chemistry and friendship, we are somewhat attracted to eachother and constantly look for ways to meet up without wasting so much gas money. we hope to meet in june or so and maybe ill go over to where he is too and learn how to jet ski. and for sure hes coming to LA for a concert i got tickets for. theres more promise with him than there was with the other guy, but the connection just isnt the same. I still feel like the other guy and i had something id never felt before, but with his dissapearance i cant do anything but just to try and forget about him or hope to at least know what became of him someday
    Patience is a Virtue.

To think I made it to level 80 without picking up any heroines of the Alliance...

thanks for sharing that no many guys share that type i have look in forward to this that tells you have said right about this

thanks

Seems to be so many people meet on this WOW game. I've never even been to that site.

I guess for every negative experience there is a positive one and having been in the same situation, mine was a positive experience in that we got along in real life, as we had online. There was a 'spark' online and that carried over into real life. Because of the distance it didn't go on to 'happy ever after' and we only met a few times. But we remained close and for months after months afterwards.