+ Follow This Topic

Thread: latest split what sould I do?

latest split what sould I do?

3 year relationship with my girlfriend , I had problems from a previous bad split and it affected my sex life (I had trouble climaxing this made gf feel unattractive) obvoiusly this caused problems and we have split about 5 times not my choice , however gf always took me back (not through pressuring) , unfortunately it has taken me a long while to figure out what it was and sort myself out through a course of hypnotherapy we were due to try sleeping together again in the week) , this last time 2 days ago she said the situation was making her feel ill and the only way was to cut the cause ie me , the previous day we had a lovely day out no tell tale signs etc. I have always said i could not handle being friends however I dont want to lose touch as now things are sorted we were so close to being truly happy (we got on like a house on fire apart from that) my question is if I stay friends she will only see me as that , she needs bits and bobs of work doing on her house , I am a builder is it a good idea to stay in contact by doing the work (paid) with the contact being "professional" rather than perhaps friend (which might come accross as desperate) , I know the way she feels is affecting her decision making so I dont want to pressure but want to be there for her so it will be easier if she decides to give it another go.

The relationship appears to be over.

Initiate "no contact".

I also thought that the last times we split , but she came back of her own accord , the sad thing is the way our situation has made her feel rules her decision making. I know she loves me only a week ago she told me during a quiet moment on the sofa (she had one of those gooey looks so I know it wasnt just an off the cuff "I love you")

She broke up with you.

If you can't handle being just friends, institute NC and politely move on.

Be NC for 2 weeks tomorrow , I saw her while we were out walking the dogs today , and called her over , we talked non specific nothing about the relationship , kept it brief mainly talked about the dogs and established it was ok to talk when we saw each other dog walking . I still have some tools round her house and could do with my hedge trimmer , would ringing sunday to arrange collection sometime be a bit early ? or should I wait until in the week?