+ Follow This Topic

Thread: There's over 4k girls at school and I can't find one....continued

There's over 4k girls at school and I can't find one....continued

Hello everyone, I started a new post on here since that thread is no longer relevant and I want guys advice too....I hope that's ok

After taking a break from the absurdity and immaturity of girls at school I may have found someone decent.

I wanted to share with you all since you were so eager to give me advice before. I hope you find this interesting. I recently started back at my old job in the Wal-Mart deli. The week I started a new girl began training as a cashier and like everyone in the store she stops by for popcorn chicken or a snack of some sort. This is a good thing because unlike girls at school I may only see once a week and are surround by their posse I get to see this girl alot.

We work the same time of the day. I try to greet her in a friendly way and make small talk. She said that they have already asked her if she is interested in the deli. I don't know if she would like it because it is so much work but I told her it pays more after she mentioned it. She want's to make more money and it would be the first time I ever worked a job with a girl I was interested in. I don't have a car which some people act funny to me about; however, half of the people at school don't, I don't really need one right now, and I don't think this girl does either. She attends a university down the street from mine.

I'm not asking anyone for help really I am just telling you about my recent encounters. None of the friends I have at school are going to be around this summer so maybe if I get to know this girl I can hang out with her. What is the most casual way to ask if she would like to hang out sometime and find out if she has a car so it's not awkward?

Thanks!

I don't think the car thing is a major issue at all, banish that from your mind. The best casual way to ask her to hang out with you is most probably to invite her to some event with you and your friends - it comes across as less try-hard, you know, like you already have something planned with a bunch of friends so her refusal or acceptance makes no difference whatsoever either way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

Thanks for the reply

The car is no longer a deterrent anymore, but I brought it up because some people act like I am handicapped. Also it is tough to ask her to an event since it's finals week and most of my friends are gone so it's just me all summer in the dorms with a few students I don't know. I attempt to at least say, "hi" or goodnight to her every time we work just to keep the connection and show her I am friendly. I want to hang with her so I have a friend this summer and to see if she is cool or not. Is there a casual way I could ask her to meet me at the mall or go to a movie or something?
    Last edited by corey1985; 23-05-10 at 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Hello everyone,

The last time I posted here was near the end of the semester and there was nobody here on campus over the summer so that is why I wasn't here. I statred a different major this fall (Political Science/Criminal Justice) and I met two girls so far that are pretty cool in my classes. My confidence is alot better too and approaching girls is not so bad anymore. A girl in my early morning class was actually in my summer class and so that gave me a reason to talk to her after class one day even though I failed to get her name. I sit in front of her most days but really haven't made any moves yet, plus ther eis another girl that is cute in there I may talk to later on. Anyhow I do have a cool girl in another class of mine and I wanted to tell you this story since I thought it was cool. Second day of that class we started a movie and this girl came back from break late by like 2 minutes and couldn't see to get back to her seat so I offered for her to squeeze in by me. I made a joke or two about the movies with her and she seemed like a nice girl. I couldn't beleive of all girls in that class this one ended up sitting by me since it is a large class and wouldn't have proven difficult to randomly go up to her of all people. After class I walked outside to the crosswalk with her and while crossing the street I asked what she wanted to be when she grew up and she laughed and talked to me for like 2 minutes and it went good. She wasn't at class the next day but I went over and sat with her last class and talked a bit and she is really nice and is a gun nut so we totally hit it off. I casually decided to ask her name after class and she told me Ashley and said she hoped it had stopped raining but I lost her somewhere on the way out. I plan on asking her if she wants to get coffee on campus after class tomorrow or go to a bonfire thing on campus Friday night since I don't have a car and she may be more comfortable on campus not knowing me much yet. I want to eventually go out with her if things go well and my friends and people on here assure me the car is not a problem even though I have like $1300 coming soon so I could look for one. I do not work alot right now since I have class spread out alot and the winter makes getting to work and back on the bus difficult some days. There are a couple places in town we get get dinner and a drink that are like a ten minute or less bike ride for me so we could meet up and of course I would pay for everything so she couldn't think I am a bum just for not having a car. What do you think? Thanks!

read the title. Why don't you just focus on school instead of chicks and love? You're young dont expect to find your 'one'! Geez..

The place I live is boring and I am lonely so I am trying to find a woman to hang out with not marry.

If it is so then you can save money and travel!
    You live in America!
    (I've never been) But there is definitely more there than here!
    Count yourself lucky

I talked to that girl in my class again and found out she works at the mall so I could always stop by and say, "hi" since I'm there like once a week. Anyways I am in agreement with you, I am not out to find love since I don't want a relationship but she's cool so I'd like to spend some time with her if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by corey1985 View Post
    I talked to that girl in my class again and found out she works at the mall so I could always stop by and say, "hi" since I'm there like once a week. Anyways I am in agreement with you, I am not out to find love since I don't want a relationship but she's cool so I'd like to spend some time with her if I could.
    you know you'll eventually want to turn it into 'something' whether or not you know it now. otherwise you wouldn't be picking specific girls to talk to.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Don't know if that is a bad thing because I had a few scenarios last year where I apparently made certain girls think I liked them just for being nice and they got very upset when they found out, so now if I talk to girls I have to be specific -if they don't like me then I am the only one that loses out and I am used to it.

I asked if Ashley wanted to go get coffee with with today after class and she did and we talked for about an hour; first time in my life that tactic ever worked in fact first time I liked a girl alot and she wasn't taken or not interested in me!