+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he flirting or are we just friends?

accodata Guest

Is he flirting or are we just friends?

I like a guy and he seems to flirt but I'm absolutely blind when it comes to someone flirting, and other times I can read into things. We see each other every so often and aren't incredibly close but neither have asked for phone numbers before, and we haven't met in a social environment before. He often calls me endearing names like 'Darling' and is always friendly. The last time we saw each other he fiddled lightly with something on my shirt near my collar. Is he flirting or are we just friends?

Could be both. I have a female friend who, as long as I've known her, has always called me "darling" and played with my hair or fiddled with my clothes.

He's definitely flirting, but whether that means interest or that he's just flirty is still up for grabs. I'd guess he's interested, though.

A good indicator is whether he does similar things with other friends, or just with you?

accodata Guest
    I''m not familiar with many of his other friends as he's an employee and I'm a regular customer. Does that make a difference?

These cases are really hard to figure out...I flirt a lot with just about everybody. Maybe he is the same way. Of course you could always initiate dating and ask if he'd like to go grab coffee or lunch one day.

What does he do? Maybe you could ask him to help you with something he is good at just to get him to come over or out with you.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Sounds like pretty clear flirting (or just a touchy-feely friend). If there is chemistry, why not pursue it? As you spend more time together, something is bound to happen to let you know either way for sure.