+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He's not over his ex-girlfriend yet.. don't really know what to expect.

why would you want a serious relationship when you're only 19? You should be experiencing life and having fun. You are only young once. Why are you so hung up on this guy after only 2.5 weeks?
    You shouldn't even have any doubts at this point if the man were a right match. He is not ready to commit, yet you guys are doing sexual things? This is kinda backwards, and unhealthy from any perspective.
    You need to take time to understand yourself before you jump into something serious. This guy is no good for you.

Well, thank you all for the opinions, warnings, and advice. I will very much take them to heart. I think it is actually a blessing in disguise that we are being separated for three months because it prevents anyone from getting hurt and gives both of us time to think over our priorities. I tend to come off pretty strongly when I write, so I apologize if I seemed as if I was too defensive or that I was too into this guy, because I truly would like a long-term relationship in general, not just because it's this specific guy. I'll see how things work out with him though and if it turns sour, I'm sure you'll see me positing about it in the future... let's just hope it doesn't turn out that way though.

I'll quote you from April 19th of this year, it might be very useful for you.

sheenietee
    What should I do though if I want a sexual relationship without looking like a slut?

Hmm. Well, I said that in an attempt to get over the last guy I was seeing. I have always been the long-term type, I have just never been given the opportunity with the right guy to experience it. Although I may have said the above statement, I never went through with going out and slutting around. I understand you guys are being rational and logical, but I feel like people here attack and nit-pick with details sometimes too much.

I am a good girl with ambition, morals, values, intelligence, and am very personable, giving, and caring. That is who I am. I'm not dramatic or nagging, a little unrealistic and naive at times, yes, but not completely irrational or whatever negative stereotype I happen to exude to you all.

Here's my friend Lissie's gem of advice, which I find myself coming back to over and over:

Guys will usually tell you the truth at the beginning of a relationship. We just don't listen. He TOLD you he's unavailable and not as good a guy as you think he is. If you read this thread a year from now, after you get used by him and ultimately dumped, you'll say, "Oh, yeah. He DID tell me what to expect. It just wasn't what I wanted to hear."
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12