+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my girlfriend has a lot of guy friends. normal to be jealous?

my girlfriend has a lot of guy friends. normal to be jealous?

My girlfriend has a lot of guy friends. And I mean A LOT. It makes me feel really amazing that she chose to be with me over them and I'm not questioning that. I'm also not questioning her trust. My girlfriend is the nicest person I've ever met, and I'm so deeply in love with her. She wouldn't ever hurt me like that and I know it.

However, I do feel a bit jealous at times. I mean, I'm in a relationship with her and things are going great. We haven't had sex yet, and that is kind of the root of the problem.

Like I said, I know my girlfriend wouldn't ever cheat on me but I guess we need to actually have sex before my mind can be at ease.

She has a lot of guy friends. She goes out with them to run errands and stuff like that. However, now she's doing that stuff with my friends.

I'm having a little trouble with this, and I don't know why. Should I feel jealous?

Basically, the only difference between me (her boyfriend) and every other guy she knows is that she calls me at night to let me know how her day was and tells me she loves me and we occasionally...rarely... do some sexual stuff. If it weren't for those things, I would be just like any other guy friend.

Maybe I'm thinking too much of this?
    Last edited by nayaman; 16-05-10 at 04:15 AM.

Girls love having guy friends. If she is trustworthy like you said she is, i don't think you should be worrying too much. If she's spending a lot of time with them and isn't paying much attention to you, i'd say maybe there's a problem.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I think you just wanna feel special....to be the only man in her heart. Well, sounds like you two are very young, and you are still exploring your feelings for each other.
    Nothing wrong with having tons of good friends of opposite sex. I mean, they are basically like brothers to her im sure. If she told you that she only loves you,
    and no one else, then it doesn't matter if you have sex or not. She is yours.

It is normal to have guy friends. Remember, women hate women =)

Don't get too hung up on the sex, and don't rush it just to satisfy your jealousy. That'd be a disaster.

Do you suspect anything is going on? If they're just friends that like the same stuff, so they hang out together, what's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by nayaman View Post
    My girlfriend has a lot of guy friends. And I mean A LOT. It makes me feel really amazing that she chose to be with me over them and I'm not questioning that.
    Having a lot of friends (male or female) tells nothing about the faithfulness of a person. If a woman is inclined to cheat on her boyfriend she would arrange to do it even if she were living in a convent of nuns.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are not going to be ANY less jealous when you have sex. These feelings have NOTHING to do with not sleeping with her. Dig a little deeper.

She's not cheating on me, I know she isn't. She's not like that. I know she's not like that.

It's just a little jealousy I have because she has so many guy friends and I don't have much chick friends, so I think it's normal for me to feel this way.