+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does height matter?

Does height matter?

If so what is the cut off? I am just curious. I know its talked alot with friends, but I was wondering what woman actually thought.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My guy is about 2 inches taller than me and I'm only 5'2 so he's a pretty short guy. He's never in his 33 years of life had a problem scoring girls. (and I wear heels a lot, I'm often much, much taller than him). He loves it, and I love that he loves it.

It can matter. I'm 5'2" and I refuse to date a guy that's more than 6 inches taller than me...I'd actually prefer it if he were 5'2"-5'5". It's a personal preference. I don't like a big height difference. My ex was 6'2" and I hated it.

However, there are women who are over a foot shorter than their man. There are women who are with a guy that is shorter than them. It's completely a personal preference.

-Kristan

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most women don't like dating guys shorter than them. Ergo the taller you are, the broader your options.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

i think height ends up being irrelevant. i've never turned a guy down because he was too tall or too short; for other reasons yes, but not because of height. if you're into a person, then some stuff ends up not really mattering, unless it's a situation where you are so self-conscious about your height that it eventually undermines the relationship. if a girl says you're too short for her, then she's not really that interested in you anyway, and it's more of a cop-out/excuse/way of getting out of pursuing anything more. that being said, i agree with gribble, most girls prefer dating guys who are taller than them, but women tend to be shorter than men, so that helps. i've had several friends who dated guys who were shorter than them or ended up being shorter than them if they wore heels and when the guys were cool about it/kept up their confidence (which admittedly is sometimes easier said than done) things worked out and height wasn't an issue.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I will agree that generally yes, height may initially get in the way... or at least be a turn on or off. (Just like a nice face, big boobs, long legs, big arms tend to be, attention catches but that's about it).

When I first met my not bf his height WAS a turn off. And for a week or so I copped out using that excuse. As it turns out he was awesome and I was hooked. I didn't give a shit less that he was short. And the mintue I found out he loved it, I was all the more comfortable towering (not literally) over him.

I'm 5ft 2" and so to date a guy shorter than me, would mean he was really short!

I prefer taller guys, maybe around 5ft 9"...no more than 6 ft.

My ex H was only 3" taller than me though, so he was shorter than I would normally go for.
    But you don't always get what you would've preferred and I guess we can't help who we fall for.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can only imagine where I'd be had I not gotten over that shit about his height. He is without doubt the love of my life. So I agree I couldn't help who I fall for.

^^ I see so many people describing their type and that they prefer this or they prefer that.
    But at the end of the day and when it comes down to it, we can and do often fall in love with and end up with someone who is the total opposite of what we may have had in mind.

Main thing is, is that this person makes us happy and that is all that matters

I generally go for stalkier guys. Freakishly tall men freak me out, 6' + is a vagina blocker.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

It doesn't matter in a "Eh, he's too short/tall for me" kind of way. I seem to just gravitate toward men who are taller than I am. I'm 5'4" so it's not terribly hard to find them. I've dated guys on the short side too, but it kind of sucked because their personalities weren't so hot. It's not a direct correlation to their height of course.

My current boyfriend is 6'2" and I looove it. And he has broad shoulders and long arms so he can envelop me with his body. Like an amoeba I adore that. I just happened to get very lucky with him though. I don't go around sizing up guys to determine potential boyfriend material.

Decision on relationship matters and features are totally dependent on the parties involved. To some height does matter, you know the 6 ft thing, tall dude..... to some its simply irrelevant so it depends on what you want in a guy, what suits your person and what doesn't. Its basically your choice.

Like the others said, it's a personal preference, I like someone taller, but not too tall so you're just looking up all the time like at a movie theater, but someone bigger for cuddling

Well, I am easier attracted to taller guys. But the outside is just a cover, my current boyfriend is smaller than me. 5'6, and me 5'7. I still fell for him.

i'm only 5'2 so ive never had a problem finding a taller guy. but a guy over 6 ft is a little too tall for me. the girls who usually care are the tall and kinda heavier ones, if that sounds harsh but ive seen it a mong friends, like they dont want to be "bigger" than the guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast