+ Follow This Topic

Thread: trying to find the best thing to do

trying to find the best thing to do

I knew this girl in high school. Since we went to different colleges, I've been thinking about her everyday. We're friends. I've tried to make moves on her, but I don't think she's interested. I'm not very social with girls. Lately, I've been a little depressed. I'm told I should go out and meet girls, but I don't want to, because I keep thinking of her. I want to text her, but I don't want to be annoying or damage our friendship. I have had feelings for this girl for a long time now (3 years at least). I know it'd be healthier for me to move on and meet other people. But I don't think I can find someone like this one.

How similar of a situation I was in.. am in.. so it is easy for me to pretend to be the girl that you fancy:

I don't know what to tell you. You're an awesome friend and it is fun hanging out with you and I know that you like me but what am I suppose to do when I know that youre not the kind of guy I want a relationship with? I don't want to crush you, youre one of my best friends. But Ive moved on, Im dating an awesome guy and even if I wasnt dating him you frankly arent my type, as horrid as this sounds, giving you a chance would be a waste of time. Please just be my friend and stop obsessing over me, it puts us both in an awkward position. I know I seem like an awesome girl and its hard to find girls like me but there are more of us out there and you find us when you least expect it. You don't realize that you have so much to offer, just not for me. I could list off reasons I see where we wouldnt be compatible but I will save time by just telling you that I can feel it straight off. Im not going to lead you on, please be happy being my friend and trust me when I say there are more girls like me out there.