+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Nearly there...

Nearly there...

Hello all,

I have been hot and cold with this girl for the past month. We met on facebook (a mistake in hindsight) and I got her number and we proceeded forward. I was pretty clear in announcing my interest in her while being cheeky in texts (I don't know if I pulled it off in reality).

I met her for the first time after a week, she was nice but seemed very shy and quiet. She seemed like she was trying her best to talk but I ended up doing most of the talking. Either she had low self confidence or she was really boring...

I decided to stop contacting her because she hadn't lived up to her texts (ironic isn't it). She then text me back and I re-instigated communication albeit few and far between.

I promised her that I would take her bowling in a fortnight and she replied that she didn't know what she would be doing. Contact has been normal since and we got pretty deep in a discussion through msn.

1. Am I wasting my time with her?
    2. Will she come out of her shell? (Or more importantly is she not interested?)
    3. What should I do next?

Chears,

Syph

Syph, you need the practice. Date her. Date her a lot.

Maybe you've heard about the interesting phenomena that occurs on campuses and other places where people converge: guys with female companions are judged to be much more attractive by other females than guys who are alone. Use this to your advantage.
    Spammer Spanker

I'd give her another chance. Sometimes people can be shy and on first dates.

I know that when I meet people for the very first time, I can be a little quiet. Then as I get to know them better and become more comfortable in their presence, there is no shutting me up and nobody gets a word in edgeways. So she may end up pleasantly surprising you

yeah, i'm the same way. i think it might be a confidence issue, because i definitely don't trust people off the bat and am really reserved at first. but once i get to know you and feel comfortable with you i won't shut up either haha. maybe she's just nervous...give her a shot. if after a few dates it's still the same, then maybe you just aren't connecting and should move on...
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

I dated a girl who couldn't talk in person. I mean, we talked A LOT, but if it was ever a difficult conversation she just clamped up. We had to have meaningful conversations in instant messages, emails and letters.

She had a lot of issues though.

it seems that the style of your girl sounds like the one i went out with when i was in high school but ended with nothing happened.
    i think you should control your feelings before she thinks you mean sth to her,and what you can do is to date her,try to let her open her mouth and be herself in front of you
    if you cant solve this,i think you should give up