+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to ask my male friend on a date?

accodata Guest

How to ask my male friend on a date?

I want to ask my male friend on a date (he's 21).
    We're not close friends, but we are friends.
    I'm going to message him on Friday, 'Hey I'm not up to much this weekend, did you want to grab coffee?'
    Would he know that I am asking him on a date? Is this the right way to go about it? I want him to say yes!

This is the same guy I mentioned in my previous post: (we haven't spoken since we met last Friday)

[URL="http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/41835-how-can-i-pursue-relationship-my-male-friend.html"]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/41835-how-can-i-pursue-relationship-my-male-friend.html[/URL]

I think that's a good approach. Short but friendly. Once you're at the coffee shop, you can do some flirting and then see what happens.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree you don't have to SAY date. You just have to make it feel like one.

As I said in the last thread: flirt. Since you don't know how I suggest touching him. When you're walking link your arm through his, touch his arm during coffee when he says something funny. Smile at him aften. Laugh. Make him feel like a funny man. Touch his shoulder (like if you're standing behind him in line touch his shoulder and look over it sort of idea). If he doesn't get those clues he's an idiot and you might have to be more direct.

Quote Originally Posted by accodata View Post
    I want to ask my male friend on a date (he's 21).
    We're not close friends, but we are friends.
    I'm going to message him on Friday, 'Hey I'm not up to much this weekend, did you want to grab coffee?'
    Would he know that I am asking him on a date? Is this the right way to go about it? I want him to say yes!
    A word of warning about asking him and seeing where it goes, do assume that he will know it is a date but you can flirt with him and see how he responds.

I am not trying to discourage you just make sure you know where you stand and he knows where he stands. I am a very shy person and will talk with people, also very sociable with people I know and will talk to people for ages when I get to know them. This I had recently misinterpreted as me being interested (I did say that I wasn't for the record) but it was assumed by her we were on a date and I wasn't seeing it as a date.

I would say use it to test the water and see if you can find out if he is interested in you then ask him out on a proper date if you think he is interested.

S

I would never go for coffee with a man, unless I was interested.

I wouldn't want to mislead him into thinking I'd accepted, because I was interested. And I hate having to reject....

I think people should just say what they mean, rather than fart about and ask people to go for coffee....just SPIT IT OUT instead

I also wonder why it's always 'coffee' people go for. Why not 'Tea' or 'Pepsi'...it's always coffee, lol