+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this guy want?

What does this guy want?

I am a intern and everyone there is nice all talk to me etc. There is this one guy a few months ago he begin to act weird around me where he stopped talking to me. Even when I tried to approach him by saying hello he seems really nervous or afraid so he would avoid me. All I was trying to do was be his friend I left him alone. Then he started flirting with me I did not think too much of it because he is loud outgoing and friendly. He does not have a problem talking to everyone else in the office including girls which he will tease and joke with them . For some reason he can only talk and will flirt with me if we are alone. When we do talk he is really serious very sweet talks more gentle not loud and he will not joke or tease with me like he does with the other girls. He acts shy around me for some reason and I get a sense that he likes me and he can not talk to me when others in the office are around. I do not know if it is because I am shy and I intimidate this guy.

Just hard to read him since he is outgoing and friendly around girls. I do not know if he is just being friendly or is interested in me more than a friend. He will go out of his way for me to notice him cause he shows off in front of me and he will even wait and approach me to say hello or goodbye. He also will stare at me most of the time he will look deep into my eyes now I do the same by starring at him cause at first I did not like him. I would ignore him but that seem to make him want my attention even more. He has also brushed up against me and he will smile/ give me nod while blushing.

Now I like him but I am afraid to approach him to ask him out but it seems he is also afraid to make a move also. I do flirt but not too aggressive since I am shy. Why would a guy who is loud outgoing and friendly act shy around me? Does he like me more than a friend?

He likes you so he's nervous and scared. You probably intimidate him because his taste in woman places you at the top of the food chain. He's placing you on a pedestal so to speak. He can flirt with the other women because he doesn't care.

try and make him feel more comfortable around you. Let him know if you find him attractive. It'll probably boost his confidence knowing you are interested and he'll ask you out.

Or, you can try a risky maneuver and ask him out. Though it may de-man him and backfire. It all depends on what kind of guy he is.

You're an intern and he works there. Pretty much a recipe for potential disaster.

I typically try to avoid guys who flirt with a lot of women, but I am the jealous type. In the work environment that could cause a lot of problems. If you are a secure woman, (I'm not a secure woman) and you would be okay with him flirting with other women while he's going out with you, then I would say pursue a relationship. I know all men flirt to some degree, but in my experience men who flirt a lot and have the confidence to flirt with lots of women....have kinda been jerks. I'm sorry I don't want to jump to conclusions or be a nay sayer, you just might want to make sure that he doesnt pull other women aside sometimes, and that he's not a womanizer. Womanizers are horrible to deal with.

^^Nothing wrong in wanting to be with a guy who doesn't have eyes for every woman in town and who knows how to behave and while in something exclusive.

I'm the same. I'd rather have a 'one woman' man, than some guy who goes all out to get the attention/wants to lap up the attentions of every woman he comes into contact with. I'd avoid this type also.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by prsawyer View Post
    I am a intern and everyone there is nice all talk to me etc. There is this one guy a few months ago he begin to act weird around me where he stopped talking to me. Even when I tried to approach him by saying hello he seems really nervous or afraid so he would avoid me. All I was trying to do was be his friend I left him alone. Then he started flirting with me I did not think too much of it because he is loud outgoing and friendly. He does not have a problem talking to everyone else in the office including girls which he will tease and joke with them . For some reason he can only talk and will flirt with me if we are alone. When we do talk he is really serious very sweet talks more gentle not loud and he will not joke or tease with me like he does with the other girls. He acts shy around me for some reason and I get a sense that he likes me and he can not talk to me when others in the office are around. I do not know if it is because I am shy and I intimidate this guy.

Just hard to read him since he is outgoing and friendly around girls. I do not know if he is just being friendly or is interested in me more than a friend. He will go out of his way for me to notice him cause he shows off in front of me and he will even wait and approach me to say hello or goodbye. He also will stare at me most of the time he will look deep into my eyes now I do the same by starring at him cause at first I did not like him. I would ignore him but that seem to make him want my attention even more. He has also brushed up against me and he will smile/ give me nod while blushing.

Now I like him but I am afraid to approach him to ask him out but it seems he is also afraid to make a move also. I do flirt but not too aggressive since I am shy. Why would a guy who is loud outgoing and friendly act shy around me? Does he like me more than a friend?
    Try laying your hand on his arm while he is talking to you. Or brush a piece of lint of of him. Break the touch barrier, and then wait for him to make the next move.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?