+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So does this girl actually like me?

So does this girl actually like me?

In my workplace their is this one girl I really like, but i am not sure if she is just flirting/playing games with me to pass the time, or actually likes me. She always goes out of her way to talk to me and teases me a lot; saying crazy things about fantasizing about me and sexual positions in a jokingly manner(while other girls are around). She tries to put me in embarrassing situations and engages in play hitting. None of the other girls are like this at all and are very quiet/reserved. Ive been called numerous names by her like sweet heart, or delicate cutie, so on.. She seems to laugh lots when around me. Do I have a chance or is this just for attention? She also has a very aggressive personality. I have told here before that I only really like here out of the group of people I work with. I'm like 19 add shes a year younger.Also, Ive been working at this place for a few months so i still have time before I enter the "friend zone"? Please let me know what you think.

Think

It sounds like she may like you, or she likes the aspect of being a flirtatious bomb shell or even a confident self empowered woman around her friends. I don't know what you are considering with her a relationship or a fling. Typically women don't act like that unless they are the type that well sleep around. I am speaking generally, as I don't wish to label her because I have never seen her in action. Even with men, men who usually are extremely assertive tend to be the jerk, and jerks are out for themselves. If you did take to her...would you be afraid that in other situations she would flirt with other nice gentleman like yourself in other places as means to feel good about herself. Feel free to elaborate more on the situation, but so far I think that if you are looking for a one night stand or a sex buddy she's perfect...but I would hesitate on a long term relationship. I don't think that's what she's looking for either.

She is throwing herself at you dude. If you want something out of her, then act now. Youre not in the friend zone yet.

It sounds like she may like you, or she likes the aspect of being a flirtatious bomb shell or even a confident self empowered woman around her friends. I don't know what you are considering with her a relationship or a fling. Typically women don't act like that unless they are the type that well sleep around. I am speaking generally, as I don't wish to label her because I have never seen her in action. Even with men, men who usually are extremely assertive tend to be the jerk, and jerks are out for themselves. If you did take to her...would you be afraid that in other situations she would flirt with other nice gentleman like yourself in other places as means to feel good about herself. Feel free to elaborate more on the situation, but so far I think that if you are looking for a one night stand or a sex buddy she's perfect...but I would hesitate on a long term relationship. I don't think that's what she's looking for either.
    Thanks for your insight. I really want to have relationship with her, not a booty call. She does not seem to act the same around other guys really. Its really weird because its like shes trying to dominate me but is nice at the same time; it''s like shes testing my confidence or something to that degree, i have no idea. It just seems like shes trying to stir up emotions with me, i'm almost always very calm. Shes is also very rebellious. I have no clue why this personality type is appealing to me?! It seems like most women are quiet and polite, but I find that boring? Help me make a decision here, I haven't much time left before i am just another friend.. Deep down I think you are probably right

Forgot to add shes exactly the same way, even if its just us.
    Last edited by Confused1987; 25-05-10 at 01:21 PM.

I wouldn't go for the long term relationship. Itll just hurt you in the long run...but hey you can always ask her what she wants and what she's looking for. And as for most women being quite and polite...that is completely true until you get some of them in a relationship. I was quiet and reserved when I met my boyfriend, but he began to see a wild and fun side from me, lol. So really you can have your cake and eat it too, just by finding a girl who is fun sensual and wild JUST WITH YOU. Lots of women have that side to them, they just don't show it publicly.
    Another thing to think about is how do you feel about yourself? If you tend to be a little insecure or even modest, such gestures from a woman of that sort may deeply flatter and make you feel good about yourself, make you feel desirable, even arouse you. A lot of nasty people prey on others with low self esteem as means to satisfy their own emotional and/or physical needs.
    Then again, you said it seems to be just you she does this with...so I would flat out ask her. You dont have to go about it seriously either. Its about time you get her to put her money where her mouth is. "Are you the type of girl who wants dinner and a movie, sex, or both." She'll think you're joikng and probably say, "Sex baby I want it doggy or something wierd like that", and just be like "Ok lets do it. Meet me at..." If she wants a relationship she'll cower to that. If she says ok to that, then well...you know hit it or don't lol.

Honestly I dont want to burst your bubble but as a woman we do love to flirt even if we dont like the guy enough to date him specially if we know the guy is head over heels for ur. It gives us a sense of power over the situation and im not saying thats what she is doing but to me thats what it sounds like for now.
    So my advice is to you is to observe how she acts around other guys at your job if she flirst with them then forget it if she doesnt then ask her out on a date. If she acts hard to get or simply says no then she is just flirting to get attention cause she probably knows you like her.

But hey i could be totaly wrong about it so if you think im totaly wrong just go with your gut instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey777 View Post
    I wouldn't go for the long term relationship. Itll just hurt you in the long run...but hey you can always ask her what she wants and what she's looking for. And as for most women being quite and polite...that is completely true until you get some of them in a relationship. I was quiet and reserved when I met my boyfriend, but he began to see a wild and fun side from me, lol. So really you can have your cake and eat it too, just by finding a girl who is fun sensual and wild JUST WITH YOU. Lots of women have that side to them, they just don't show it publicly.
    Another thing to think about is how do you feel about yourself? If you tend to be a little insecure or even modest, such gestures from a woman of that sort may deeply flatter and make you feel good about yourself, make you feel desirable, even arouse you. A lot of nasty people prey on others with low self esteem as means to satisfy their own emotional and/or physical needs.
    Then again, you said it seems to be just you she does this with...so I would flat out ask her. You dont have to go about it seriously either. Its about time you get her to put her money where her mouth is. "Are you the type of girl who wants dinner and a movie, sex, or both." She'll think you're joikng and probably say, "Sex baby I want it doggy or something wierd like that", and just be like "Ok lets do it. Meet me at..." If she wants a relationship she'll cower to that. If she says ok to that, then well...you know hit it or don't lol.
    Not really a pushover with her at all, but with everyone else I pretty much am so.... Another thing I have a very tight nit group of friends who I have hung out for over a decade+, where as I think shes like most people and has a large group of friends she associates with from all over the place who come and go. Will this hurt compatibility at all if its comes to be true ?

what you have said is not enough to tell anything. It depends on the place you work in, also. I mean maybe you are the only one she finds interesting to be friends, to talk and have fun. What if she considers you as a brother? Who knows. Why don't you try asking her out? Go for a date and see how it's going.
    Software Outsourcing Company
    http://softwareoutsourcing.biz

I don't see the amount of friends you have affecting compatibility, unless one person in the prospective romance had zero friends...then it'd be an issue. Definitely ask her what she wants.

Just ask her out. It is obvious that she likes you. Take it one step at a time but it sounds to me, as a woman, that she is openly flirty like I am but I can't flirt with someone I don't at least find attractive so I would go for it. Hit it for sure though!

UPDATE: haven't gotten anywhere with her seeing as I only saw her twice this month.
    When we were working alone she called me special; either she thinks I'm retarded or something positive unique maybe.... Also at our last work meeting she kept constantly looking behind at me and mimicking my gestures.
    What should I do to seal the deal?