Hey there. New here, with a situation that I hope I can get some good advice for. I'll try to keep it short.

About two months ago I broke up with my boyfriend of almost 2 years. (We both just finished our freshman year of college.) The reasons for our break up were all me. He was committed and thinking ahead several years to marriage, which made me uncomfortable. He was also my first kiss, boyfriend, etc., which was not true for him. We didn't adjust well to school and things got boring and old and my feelings began to fade. I broke up with him because I knew I wouldn't be comfortable spending forever with him without experiencing anything with anyone else. I also felt disappointed in how being in love felt (not like the movies and books describe it, that's for sure) and how easily it just faded away for me, so I convinced myself that he wasn't worth staying with.

We didn't do a very good job of staying out of each other's lives during our break up. And I will say I appreciate going through that experience for several reasons. But now we're thinking about getting back together. However, I'm not sure we're going to be starting on the same page. For one, he is still in love with me, constantly wanting to tell me I love you. I'm not comfortable doing so because while I love him, it's the companion type of love, which is not what he means. I feel like I could regain those feelings, but knowing he wants to say it constantly puts me under pressure to "catch up" with him almost. Also, I feel like he would want commitment. I don't have any desire to date anyone else, but I'd rather be committed to giving it an honest try that committed to stay together, if that makes sense. The thought of being his girlfriend right now makes me a little scared and stressed, but when I see him, I really enjoy being with him, unless of course these issues are brought up.

So I guess I'm wondering, is it worth it give this another try? And if we do try, how can we reconcile these differences in what we want? Would that even be possible?