+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did she mean it?

Did she mean it?

My girlfriend and I broke up 3 weeks ago, we dated for almost a year and a half. I broke up with her because she wasn't putting any effort into the relationship. A very reliable source told me that she has been around with another guy and they had been talking and stuff since shortly after we broke up. So yesterday I asked her about him. She told me that nothing was going on, but "he likes me and so do a lot of other guys" and then after i asked her if she ever thinks about me, or loves me still she told me that "no i am too busy to think about you and i realized i didnt love you after you broke up with me"

To me, hearing that hurt much worse than the actual break up. I know I should move on, but I can't bring myself to do it. She has not tried to contact me once since we broke up. I am very upset right now because I think that she really meant what she said.

I still think about her all the time, I still love her even after everything that has happened. Do I move on for good? Did she mean all of that? I got my heart broken all over again...

Your best bet is to move on yes.

After all, you can't make a relationship work yourself, it takes 'two'...and she aint willing and there isn't a great lot you can do about it.

Heh...this was just a huge slap in the face and lowered my self-esteem to an all time low, even though it wasn't that high to begin with. I feel pathetic and I honestly don't know how to stop.

Don't worry about it hon, we have all been there at one time so we know exactly how you are feeling.

The best revenge is to be happy and live well. Don't let the bitch get you down or run you down...they aint worth it!

I know that is the best revenge, but she makes it seems like she really doesn't give a damn about me or what I do. So its not like she would know if I am happy or really sad like I am.

^^You don't do it for her, you do it for yourself.

Who gives a toss what she knows/she doesn't know. Happy or not, it's not gonna make any difference to her, but whether you are happy or not makes a difference to you and your wellbeing. And YOU should be YOUR main concern....not her.

Yeah you're right. Its just that after a year and a half of everything I did was for her and not for me, I don't know how to get back to how I used to be. And I don't really know how to be happy on my own. I've just recently got a job, been working out, hanging out with my friends. But she is ALWAYS on my mind. And just knowing that she is going to share what we had with another guy is killing me. She took my virginity so I am thinking that is one of the reasons I am so distraught over this. The thought of her being with this guy kills me because he is everything I've always wanted to be. But I guess that is just my low self-esteem talking there.

It's still early days for you and since the break up, so it's natural to be feeling the way you do. It's gonna take time to get over her and it may take a long time, but you will get there one day. That I can assure you of.

I just can't accept the fact that she said all of that to me..

She's just being a bitch and to hit back at you probably. Saying hurtful things and because you dumped her. Her pride will be hurt.

I still wouldn't sit around and hope she's gonna come back though.

Its just I dont see how she could be so cruel towards me. I wouldn't ever intentionally hurt her...and it seems like the more i hurt, the more i want her back.

Like I said, you dumped her ass and her being cruel to you is the way she handles your rejection of her. It's her way of making you pay, for daring to call it all off.

Honestly! If you weren't having any contact with her, then she wouldn't be able to talk down to you and be able to hurt you with her nastiness.

You are bringing this hurt upon yourself.

We've all been there "hello_gorgeous".

Don't let her have free rent in your head. Best bet is to move on and be happy. Chances are you'll run into each other or she will hear word of you through friends. Make sure what she hears or sees is how great of a guy you are and how you have no problem finding someone who will return your love.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

I am sorry to disappoint yo but yes she meant it
    just want some love...

Hi
    You were together for over a year. Was she selfish in the relationship? You finished with her and she wants you to feel bad, that's why she's letting you know that lots of men who like her. It doesn't mean it's true. She just wants to hurt you like she was hurt. Don't let her get to you. The more you let her, the more she'll do it because it gives her power.

Take time for yourself and start believing that you deserve a good life with someone who appreciates you. Be yourself and start enjoying life again. Then you'll be able to see things from a "distance". You might still feel a lot for your ex, or you might realize you don't feel anything for her and that you're much happier without her. You'll be in control. Your ex might decide she's been stupid and want you back (once she realises that you're getting on fine without her). The thing is though, you'll be in charge of your emotions and your new life, and you can then decide if you want her to be part of it. Good luck.
    Some couples split up and move on. Others get back together again. Sometimes they just need some help, like I did. And we're still together and happy.

http://www.togetbackyourex.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast