+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need some advice

need some advice

Hi i have been with my bf for 10 years, im 28 hes 32, i love him very much, but i feel there is something missing. We don't communicate enough with each other, i kind of feel like a mom to him, he doesn't cook doesn't clean and i feel it's my fault because i did it for 10 years... our sex life feels like a chore to me, i don't know what to say or do, im lost and confused, he is very hard to talk to.... he gets upset easily, and he is very loud when he is just (talking).. right.. and i get very very emotional.He's never ever hit me or cheated on me (that i know of), but in the last month i have been having feelings of cheating and i think just because i have those feeling im starting to think or feel that he might be... but am i only thinking that of him because i am... or is that a sign trying to tell me he is? I don't know what to do..... help... any advice?

For me this is just a common case of a relationship running its course. Its become stale and dull and has lost the spark by the sounds of it. You have 2 options, try and work on it or simply move on.

The problem is you have been with him for 10 years and often due to lack of previous relationship experience (im guessing at 18 you havent many ex boyfriends) it can be very hard to know what to do in this circumstances. Cheating is just a way of looking for more excitement or something that is missing from your own relationship.

yeah, i would sit down and talk to him about it. no accusatory questions or anything, just explain how you are feeling and see if he is feeling the same. if you both come to the conclusion that you want to try sprucing things up, then try it. if you both feel like the relationship has run it's course than move on. it sucks, but it happens. you started dating him at a young age, and maybe you guys have stayed together out of pure habit, but you won't know until you try initiating conversation. communication is KEY to a well-balanced relationship. if you guys can't figure out a way to communicate about things, then you'd both be much better off finding someone else that you can communicate with...
    the love you take is equal to the love you make