+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help approaching a girl.

Need help approaching a girl.

So, after an incident with my ex that happened 2 years ago, i made my heart like a complete brick and never felt in love again.
    Now, after 2 years and a few days, i felt something about this girl (hey, its better than iron man from before) so i thought myself i could really enjoy some girl company, other than my usual friends, that happen to be girls.
    But after 2 yeas of complete sleep, its kinda hard to get back on the horse.
    So she is not a stranger, shes a friend of mine, but i can ask my dog for a date with more ease than her.
    She is also younger than me, like 2 years younger.
    Im a social guy, i like to go out allot but if there is a think i dont know how to do, is flirting for sure.
    I could use any scrap of advice, anything.
    I think im coming back to life if this goes well Hahaha
    Abandon all hope, ye who seek love.

If you are witty and possess a sense of humour, then you are half way there. Females like to laugh and they like a guy who can make them laugh.

I'd say just forget about this flirting stuff and trying different tactics that you think will work. Forget that it's a game of trying to score points with her and just chat to her, act natural and be YOURSELF

Honestly I think the best approach is the straight approach...ask her out...make sure she understand your intentions...don't come on really strong but just don't leave any question that you may want to investigate the possibilities of a relationship with her.

Just be confident and don't worry if it doesn't work out...there are lots of women....as soon as you think you couldn't find another won you will.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Honestly I think the best approach is the straight approach
    Bravo.
    that is what im thinking too. its just she tells me sometimes im too cocky. is that bad, very good, or its just an unimportant remark?
    i am overconfident, i admit but thats because of what i do. after my last relation, i concentrated less on girls, and more on my friends, go out and getting drunk, i started to jogging, and jogging so much, up to a few hours a day, in the morning and late at night to escape all stress. those all together changed me in that amount of time.
    i lost my skill with girls.
    Abandon all hope, ye who seek love.

Quote Originally Posted by Miloo View Post
    Bravo.
    that is what im thinking too. its just she tells me sometimes im too cocky. is that bad, very good, or its just an unimportant remark?
    i am overconfident, i admit but thats because of what i do.
    It's a good thing, at least from my experience. There is a thing as being too cocky, but if a girl thinks that's the case, she'll shoo you away pretty distinctly. If a girl's telling you you're too cocky, she thinks you're quite self-confident, which is an excellent thing to be working with.

Yea most women don't want you to think your the greatest at everything...women love a guy who can laugh at himself and isn't afraid to make an ass of himself in the pursuit of having fun with her...but at the same time they don't want a big pussy....they want something in the middle.

I think men want this to...I love a woman who is self-assured but at the same time doesn't tell me why she is better than everybody else.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by Miloo View Post
    Bravo.
    i am overconfident, i admit but thats because of what i do. after my last relation, i concentrated less on girls, and more on my friends, go out and getting drunk, i started to jogging, and jogging so much, up to a few hours a day, in the morning and late at night to escape all stress. those all together changed me in that amount of time.
    i lost my skill with girls.
    Welcome to the single phase. After a hard break, you just put the opposite sex behind you and dive into careless fun. The drinking is normal and so is the attitude. You think in your mind that you don't care and that subconsciously shapes your body language and attitude on the outside.

It's not a permanent change, just a phase. Focus on forgetting, don't judge other girls based on the past and just detach yourself.When you truly do let go of the past, your personality will settle back into something closer to your natural state. You will retain certain hard spots because of the past and will probably be more opinionated about different things in life, but its part of getting burned and growing from it.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Make her laugh. Use your sense of humor and romantic eyes!

Hey bud, yea I agree with the responses above, and my answer is slightly different. It's more about you. I feel that you need to work on you. Women are attracted to men that are driven and have life goals. They attracted to successful men that have their head on straight. If you can show her that you have your stuff together, then there should be no good reason for her to reject you. Clearly from your post, you already said that you know her, which I assume that you are her friend or she's our friends' close friend. What you need to do is become that attractive man to the entire group of people. You need to increase your social value in that group and then you can easily attain her. You can't give her all your attention, but instead give her just as much attention as you give everyone else. You have to be natural and have to stop considering this a game, especially if you want to actually develop a relationship with her.

Key Notes:
    -become an attractive man
    -increase your social value
    -treat the group with equality

Hope that helped bud.

Cheers,
    Aynka