+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gifts or Romance?

Gifts or Romance?

My recent divorce cost me a good $500k. Ex-wife took half of everything, and I'm like broke now. I so want to buy gifts for my woman, like diamond and bracelets and stuff, but I can't afford such gifts right now. I get her tech gadgets that she can use... like GPS, cellphone accessories, etc. I send her flowers. Twice a month, I try to book a local trip, at a nice spa/resort and tickets to shows or romantic upscale restaurant. She tells me she is happy to spend quality time with me.

Question: If you had to choose, would you prefer jewelry (gifts), or getaways (trips) with your man?

Personally, I'd take the getaways. I like hotel sex.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    once a month and you're doing THAT? if you're as broke as you say you are... that's not exactly the wisest thing you could be doing with your money. cute little things sure, but once a month upscale meals or mini trips are expensive.

BUT...

I prefer trips! Though a nice gift would be nice every now and again.

My boyfriend got me a pumpkin milkshake from Jack in the Box one day 'cause he remembered I was craving one earlier that week. Made me the happiest woman alive.

Trips away definitley.

My ex husband wasn't all that romantic, yet he'd buy gifts all the time for me. He didn't seem to realise that an 'I love you' would have meant more to me than any gift.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    My boyfriend got me a pumpkin milkshake from Jack in the Box one day 'cause he remembered I was craving one earlier that week. Made me the happiest woman alive.
    The 'little' things they do, mean more than any extravagant gift.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was having a bad day my guy bought me a bottle of wine to consume by myself. Needless to say the enving to my bad day was no longer bad...

It IS the little things, the big things are just nice bonuses here and there.

Too many big things too often eventually become expected too. It's one of the reasons I dislike roses. Oh, great. You got me roses. Good to see there's an original thought in your head.

I like favors and little things that are tailored to fit ME. I want to know that he's thinking of me. Not that he picked up a dozen roses from the grocery store down the street from my house. Oh, but I'll take chocolate. Chocolate is ALWAYS welcome.

My ex got me a 250GB external harddrive once. I was in desperate need of a place to store all my music too. I loved it.

Depends on the man. In my current relationship I'm trying to keep the mushy crap to a minimum so I guess I'd prefer gifts. At the same time I don't want to feel beholden to him in any way so I wouldn't want anything to extravagant. I'm making due with sex. Sex is good.

Not every woman wants mushy crap and gifts. Depends on the chick.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How many gifts have you given her? I would think it should be her turn to get you something, especially given how emotionally distraught you must be. That's what I would do.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    How many gifts have you given her? I would think it should be her turn to get you something, especially given how emotionally distraught you must be. That's what I would do.
    She gets me stuff all the time. In fact, she sends me flowers more than I send her! And she gets kitchen stuff for my apartment... and now she is getting me a surprise for Father's Day.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, that's good then. Reciprocity in a relationships is important. Sounds like you have a keeper, good luck with it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Easy, quality time! No amount of jewelry will ever make her feel your love, you've got to show it. Just make sure you're spending time doing things with her and making happy memories. When you look back, you'll both appreciate all the love you've shared.

Good Luck,

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaius View Post
    She gets me stuff all the time. In fact, she sends me flowers more than I send her! And she gets kitchen stuff for my apartment... and now she is getting me a surprise for Father's Day.
    I hope it's not a surprise pregnancy!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I know you're asking females this question but I really think I can give you some good feedback. Really, a Trip is amazing but you have to understand, a gift can = romance. You can do small things that don't cost a lot to show that you love her and to make her happy. Here are some great gift ideas that are both romantic and can be accomplished on a budget.

- cook her a dinner
    - on a scrap piece of paper, leave her a note that says, "i love you" in her spot that she will frequently check, like the coin part of purse
    - clean up after yourself, light a candle, and give her a massage
    - go for a long walk in a secluded area outside the city where you can see the stars
    - take her out on a picnic

It's small things that will keep your money in your wallet and you in her heart. Do these things and it will be just as good as taking her on a trip.

hope that helped.

cheers,
    Aynka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast