+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teenage Dating Problem. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by irrelevant_89 View Post
    ^ Why are you flaming him? (to girl68... he doesn't seem to be just "wanting to hear what he wants to hear :/ )

Anyway, I do think your gf's mother is being seriously overprotective, of course children aren't to be left around doing all they want but not even giving you two alone time together seems downright silly.
    But, as silly as it is, she is empowered to do it.

The only way out of this I see is pretty much what everyone else said - try everything to make her parents like you, and not see you as a threat. By all means do NOT try to confront them about this - you'll be forbidden to see her before you can finish talking. If it lasts until she's 18 you're good to go...

...if it lasts. It's a pretty big test for your love. Maybe that's her mother's point of view - you just might earn her respect by sticking around.

EDIT

Key sentence right here. If you are that person, she'll eventually see it. Be patient.
    Thanks for being helpful, yeah I think that's what I'm gonna do. Just stick around, continue the way I've been treating her, etc. Hopefully we'll last until then. Also, this is for everyone else too. How do I get to hang out w/ her this summer?? Besides group dates, which is really helpful. Does anyone have any other tips? I was def hoping to go swimming in her pool, and go kayaking with her this summer...hopefully something works out guys! I'll keep you posted!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, if Girl has noticed something the rest of us missed, it WOULD explain the problem. I didn't read the OPs post that way but its easily addressed:

Could you please state your gender for the audience, Supernova? Are you a guy or a girl? LOL.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Lol don't worry, I'm straight and so is Grace. I'm a boy, she's a girl. We're healthy teenagers, we're both virgins, and we're both hoping to keep it that way until marriage.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, I'm not worried. If you were girl-dating-girl my advice wouldn't be much different except for the obvious religious issues if her parents aren't liberal.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Umm because I read the post and it said I have a gf and SHE isn't allowed. I asked if the disapproval was based on the being gay factor to which he famed me... If you made a mistake in your post maybe you should exaplin it instead of what you actaully responded.
    Ah ok. I didn't see it that way. Peace :]
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get her mom to let us hang out this summer? It's my last summer of high school and I really wanna spend all the time I can get with her.

Does YOUR mom know of your relationship with Grace? Perhaps if she does, you could let your mom talk to Grace's mom... or something.
    To reminisce won't bring you back, just look ahead and hold on tight.

Hey, supernova! I have a suggestion. Instead of reporting this thread to the mods, why don't you go back into your original post, read it carefully, and fix the pronoun problem you had that caused more than one poster to think that you were a girl involved with another girl in a lesbian relationship?

Okay, genius?
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12