+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Awkward distance

Awkward distance

Long story short.
    Both of us in our 30's.

Recently, I feel unhappy in this relationship and I can't explain it and I just don't feel like discussing this with my bf.

This unhappiness was further triggered when I invited him to one of my gal friend outings. We were ordering wine, and both of us liked the same wine so I chose another one and suggested that we share so we can get a taste of each. Normally, he would be happy with this, and even very willing to do so. But that day, in front of my friends, he was bluntly stating that he had no thoughts of sharing his glass of wine with me. i asked if I could maybe get a sip. I felt awkward in front of my friends and he kept insisting that he didn't want to share his glass. He was so emphatic about his decision that my face got red and I just excused myself to go to the bathroom.

What does it mean when a guy embarrasses you in front of your friends in such a childish way?. Is it me just overreacting? I felt that he was doing this on purpose. Was it a joke? If it was, I didn't get it. I was really embarrassed. I always treat his friends with respect out of respect for him. Even his crazy friends- I put up with. Do you think this one-time-thing should be overlooked or see them as signs of something??? Confusing. It's not as though he has bad manners at all. That is why this incident seemed so out of place.

About the wine thing: both of you were pretty childish actually, from my point of view. Obviously you guys need to talk it out - if there's something bothering you about him, there's something definitely bothering him about you too. Good luck.
    To reminisce won't bring you back, just look ahead and hold on tight.

Did you try asking if something was bothering him that night...or even prior to that? Maybe, it was a bad night for him. Try talking to him about it when both of you are ready.
    "...still Dancing in my room as if I am in the Woods with you...."

Quote Originally Posted by jan100 View Post
    Long story short.
    Both of us in our 30's.

Recently, I feel unhappy in this relationship and I can't explain it and I just don't feel like discussing this with my bf.

This unhappiness was further triggered when I invited him to one of my gal friend outings. We were ordering wine, and both of us liked the same wine so I chose another one and suggested that we share so we can get a taste of each. Normally, he would be happy with this, and even very willing to do so. But that day, in front of my friends, he was bluntly stating that he had no thoughts of sharing his glass of wine with me. i asked if I could maybe get a sip. I felt awkward in front of my friends and he kept insisting that he didn't want to share his glass. He was so emphatic about his decision that my face got red and I just excused myself to go to the bathroom.

What does it mean when a guy embarrasses you in front of your friends in such a childish way?. Is it me just overreacting? I felt that he was doing this on purpose. Was it a joke? If it was, I didn't get it. I was really embarrassed. I always treat his friends with respect out of respect for him. Even his crazy friends- I put up with. Do you think this one-time-thing should be overlooked or see them as signs of something??? Confusing. It's not as though he has bad manners at all. That is why this incident seemed so out of place.
    What does it mean when he does this? It means he's a jerk. Is it that big of deal to let you have a sip of his wine? He may be in his 30's but he acts like he's 12

Sounds like he was a bit grumpy and childish that night! Maybe ask him why he acted like this. Unusual if he doesn't normally act like this.