+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can you tell what a guy thinks of you by the way he looks at you?

Can you tell what a guy thinks of you by the way he looks at you?

Hi,

So this may seem like an odd question, but I have this guy friend who I always wonder if he has feelings for me. I know he did a few years back; he admitted this to me. Anyway, I have caught him checking me out quite often and when I call him on it he tells me guys are just trained to look there. I understand this...but I don't check out guy friends? Anyway, when we talk in person he just stares into my eyes and smiles. He told me he doesn't think of me in that way anymore, but sometimes I wonder because maybe he's scared we will stop talking if he told me the truth. Also, he used to want to hang out with me and whatnot...but recently he doesn't. I just always feel tension between us...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you interested in him? If not, quit asking questions you don't want to know the answer to.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ah...things come and go. He may have liked you years ago, but now you are looking for signs out of desperation (for some unknown reason). Desparation is a very unattractive quality and you are probably showing it to him.

In the process, you are probably missing out on all the other nice guys who might be good for you.

I agree.

With people we like, we so desperately want them to feel the same way, hence why we will read into daft silly things.

You are feeling tension, because you are wondering - he likely isn't feeling it and because if he was, he would avoid your gaze, rather than stare into your eyes I reckon.

There is no relationship between the way a guy looks at you and the way a guy thinks of you. Guys are just very visual. If there is something we see that we consider appealing, we'll probably look. This is completely independent of dating interest. My sister in law is very physically attractive, and I've seen her for years, but I still 'check her out' when I see her. Has nothing to do with my interest, but that she is just eye candy for me.

Behavior is much more of a tell tale sign if interest. Is he always smiling and laughing? Does he like to get close? Do you guys have good long talks? I see those as more of interest.

Its instinct for a straight guy to check out a girl. I mean, the feelings that i get are so primal in sensation that i lose consciousness of manners and get caught, lol. so maybe he likes to look at you because you have a nice silhouette.