+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I have been jelous?

Should I have been jelous?

One night, when my ex came home from drinking at a girl-friend's place, she told me something that had happened while she was there that gave me a really weird feeling, but I wasn't sure if I was being irrational at the time. The deal was her girl-friend lived in a basement suite right below two cousins that owned the place. My ex was friends with both of them. I actually didn't mind either of them until she told me that, while they were all drinking that night, one of them told her about a little "bet" that was going on better the two cousins. Turns out the bet was to do with who out of the two would hook up with my ex first. This was while I was dating her so obviously I wasn't too pleased to about it. Now, to me, it was extremely disrespectful that they actually told that to her, knowing full well she had a boyfriend. I'm sure people had ideas like that about her all the time, I wouldn't blame them because she is very attractive, and it wouldn't have bothered me because I fully trusted her. But, because these two had the nerve to actually tell her this, jokingly or not, made me very uncomfortable. She told me it was harmless and that they were both drunk whe they said it, but I was still pissed off and said that I was gonna have to have a little talk with the two of them. The strange part though was tthat she actually got defensive and said that there was no need to do anything about it, and that she could "handle herself". I explained to her how disrespectful the situation was TO ME, but she said that it would've been embarassing if I were to do anything...? I decided to let it slide and assumed I was just being jelous, and I'm not the jelous type at all, so it ended there. From that point on though, I never liked either of them, and eventually I would regret not taking any action on that situation.

Here is where things got really twisted. After we broke up, my ex moved into the suite with her friend; so now she was living in the same house as these guys. Long story short, I found out that about 3 weeks after our breakup she starting hooking up with one of the cousins. Tell me that isn't completely f***ed up?!?! I should have listened to my gut and been alot more concerned about that situation. But the question I have is: did I have the right to be jelous?? Would it have shown a lack of trust in her if I were to have taken matters into my own hands and confronted these guys? Was she in the wrong telling me not to do anything about it?

I think you did alright, don't worry too much about it. If she wants to be a bet and in a relationship with someone who betted her then that's her problem to deal with. I think she will find out where that leads to soon enough. Don't worry too much about it, just move on and forget she ever existed.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

CRC is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Being jealous is sort of inevitable in situations like that. But seeing that they were drunk, it was right to not have done anything. I understand why you would feel that it's disrespectful towards you, especially if they knew she had a boyfriend. But what's done is done, no need to dwell over the past. If she was okay with being a bet, then let it go. Move on, and keep doing what you're doing.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can understand the feeling but she didn't want you to do anything because she doesn't want anyone to know you know becasue then SHE has the big mouth running around saying my bf will beat yo ass if you talk like that. (Or so it would seem). You did the right thing brush it off.

And now you need to brush her off. Don't obsess over her or that situation, because she isn't worth the time. Just move on and find somebody who really cares about you.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Sounds like she was looking to start some drama, but she got more than she bargained for when you were prepared to be confrontational. Be glad she is your ex now. Games like this are no good.