+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you want to get back together with your ex?

No matter how bad things get, there is always a chance of being together again. You just need to reignite that spark that made you both go crazy for each other in the first place. Don't promise change, you need time apart from each other so when you both do see each other, they CAN see change.

Quote Originally Posted by purpletwist View Post
    No matter how bad things get, there is always a chance of being together again. You just need to reignite that spark that made you both go crazy for each other in the first place. Don't promise change, you need time apart from each other so when you both do see each other, they CAN see change.
    It's not just about changing yourself for them but for yourself and you must see change in them as well. Remember that you broke up for various reasons and alot of times those reasons seem to stick around when you reconcile. There is a chance of getting back together but both parties must be willing to try again and actually put effort in making things work. But sometimes you must stop and ask yourself, do I really want this person back? There could be very good reasons why you wouldn't if things such as cheating, emotional or physical abuse, etc. took place in your relationship. Is it really worth it to possibly put yourself through the same thing a second time if they haven't learned anything the first time around? It's a really big decision and you must weigh the cons with the pros.

Exes are exes for a reason.

There's billions of people in the world, so in my opinion it's not like that specific person was the only chance you had of happiness. If yous break up, you should learn from it and move on. Otherwise, it's often the same issues that come up(even if yous try to work at it) and after a while of not being with them, you realise you were unhappy with how things were going anyways.

Otherwise, you would still be together.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123