+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Strict parents

Strict parents

Hi

My girlfriend and I love each other deeply but we can't get together most of the times, because her parents are too strict and I kno that they are being protective and want her to be safe and that, she didn't tell to her parents about us but she told her older sister, my question is, should my gf tell about us to her parents?

I wouldn't tell my parents if I had a gf, it's not their business.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It depends on how old you are. The thing is, if they find out she's been hiding you, they will trust her even less, and will compensate by becoming even more strict.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I have been through this with my current boyfriend, it will be really tough at times for her if they are anything like my parents who are very protective. But if you stick by her then everything will be ok, me and my boyfriend have been together a year and half and we are very happy despite the tricky times. I think the parents will find out eventually so its best to tell them otherwise it will make it worse if they find out. If you need to talk to anyone about any situations like this then i will have probably already have been through it lol so give me a message .
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Ok. I am going through that same situation. My BF's parents drive me mad!
    His father deliberately never lets him stay around and he can't stay out late so he has to sneak out every night. My mum loves him but I feel his parents dislike me and it makes me angry and mad and causes alot of trouble between us. They also found out (through being nosey) that we had gotten quite serious (intimate wise) after we promised we would wait and they didn't take it well. He is younger than me but he is at an age where he should have his own rights to do things.

I think you should both go by what you think is right? How do you think they react if they found about you both?
    You either tell them or keep it to yuorself, if it is very bad then you can just wait till she is a little older
    and see if you are still together then break it to the parents. But one thing is for sure (and something I should probably take from this too)
    If you love someone don't let others stand in your way. It is your life you are entitled to live it the way you chose, whether it be good or bad.

Hope this helps

Sapphire x