+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help

raykessler Guest

Need help

I'm new to this forum and really need help. Theres this girl at my school that i really like but she barely knows i exist. Im good friends with some of the boys she hangs out with and have started hanging out with them. Now she still barely knows that i am alive. I'm pretty shy and dont know how to approach her......... Help.

Well, I guess you need to get to know her a bit mate, I know how u feel cos im quite shy myself, but you need t o get to know her first I guess.

This is one of the hardest things to do. Putting yoursef out there thinking your going to get shut down isn't the way to go about it. I understand that you are shy. I was too. I guess the only way to over come that is to be honest with yourself and her. iwould try and get to know her. Find out what she likes to do and see if you can sort of hang with her. When the "guys" go out, go with them. Maybe you can build a relationship with her. You have to talk to her eventually. Take your time and try not to rush yourself.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    One approach is to talk to the boys she hangs with and find out what she likes. Music, tv, whatever. It usually helps if it's unique. Then bring it up when you're in her company with the boys and see if she reacts to it. It's a way in.

You need an avenue in. Starring at her everytime she's near you doesn't help.

LINEBACKER 2

LOL
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Don't make it so complicated. This is easy. You want to get to know her, then get to know her! Next time she's walking by, smile at her. Like if she's around your friend's again, say, "Hi, I'm (your name) I don't think I've met you yet." She'll tell you her name and then just start talking. Eventually get her number, and continue to talk to her.

Later you two could hang out, and maybe even start dating! Just work on it. Have some confidence. What's she going to do? Shut you down for being friendly?