+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this the end? Shes a paranoid GF

Is this the end? Shes a paranoid GF

Hello all,

Im just wondering if someone could help me with the problem im having at the moment.

I was with my girlfriend for 10 months, we are both 26.

It was a great relationship. We really loved eachother. Had enough time together.

The problem why im where I was now was due to her paranoia and clingyness.

After the first month or so I noticed it. She would txt me almost all the time. If I didnt reply within 10-15 minutes (and she knew i wasnt at work) she would just txt me loads more times... then eventually ask what shes done wrong to annoy me or say something like "Have a good day/night I wont txt you again"... That became annoying especially when sometimes her phone would delay recieving the messages so she would think im ignoring her or something like that... Even on 1 occasion a txt I sent her was late getting through to her and when she got it the txt seems off topic on conversation so she questioned it and said it must not of been meant for her... because it had x's on the end of it she obviously thought I was txting another girl

Really I should of confronted her about it properly. I did somewhat but half of it was brushed under the carpet.

It came to the time recently where she was txting me asking about my last x before her. Obviously to most people including myself the past does not matter and I personally dont like talking about it because its things that didnt work out and they should be left in the past...

Anyways she was asking about when my last x before her was... I said it musta been quite a few months before I met her... anyways she went on to be moody as hell. I could tell she was in a paranoid and bad mood again. I asked her why she was being like this and she told me that she knows that I was with someone a month before her because she checked my facebook history and saw.

That in its own right isnt fair. Why would she be bothered that I was with someone a month? 2? 3? 4? before meeting her? It wasnt like I had cheated on anyone or done anything wrong.

I explained how unfair shes being and she said its over...... 20 mins later the txts flooded in again and she was appologising to me and saying she doesnt want to end it really... then said if I gave her another chance all her paranoia would stop and we will start a fresh. Since I do have feelings for the girl I agreed and things continued...

Obviously again her paranoia and clingyness came back. 2 days ago I went to town since I needed to buy some new clothes and as its her birthday very soon I wanted to see what I could buy her. We both have her birthday week off so I was sat in the holiday bookings place and was going to treat her to a few days away. They were very busy so as I sat and waited for them to get information concerning travel and accomodation I played a game on my phone. I had noticed the message light flashing on my phone but since I was in the game I could access my messages.

Anyways they found the info for me and after 30 mins of talking it through with them i left the place with information packs and went into town.

I then checked my phone and had about 6 messages off her... 4 didnt have any "x"'s... so this made it obvious that she wasnt in a good mood with me (again)

1 said something like "what have i done wrong to you"? and the last 1 something like "fine... i'll stop texting you for today"

Of course I had just flipped, I explained how I dont know how much more I can take of that and said her being like that all the time is just causing the relationship to fail and its beginning to drive me away.

Then came her paranoia outbust... she told me she thought I was in town meeting another girl that day.... I mean whoaa did none of the talks we had before actually work?

That day ended in us being on bitter terms... and it was pretty much over... I felt sick, annoyed and upset.

The reality of it was I have always been loyal to her. I removed myself off every single dating site I was on. Was happy to accomodate her at my house anytime she wanted. Id spoil her with drinks and meals when we were out... and more importantly have never cheated (If I ever did cheat on her I would admit it especially on an internet forum) on her.

I dont believe for a second shes cheated however on her facebook page theres always new men being added there. Obviously either she has been adding them herself or shes been accepting their friend requests (most of them dont even live local and its blatantly obvious why half of them added her)... I never once got paranoid about this... obviously I trusted her and never ever questioned anything she ever did. She was even the 1 who told me she had sex with someone a month or so before we met and that when she was 16 she had an abortion... i mean why would I want to know these things that are in the past and happened long ago?

Today she txt me (very very few times)... After a while she was saying we should just cut contact... but then I suggested a few things like talking and trying to work through it and she said maybe on monday.

Anyways... the last txt message off her was 8 hours ago. She had her dads birthday meal to go to tonight and that txt said "I will txt you later after the meal..love you"

11:20pm and nada, no other txt off her...

Sorry if this is long... Please could someone help me and say what they think? does it look like we will make up? (and can these paranoia issues be resolved?)... Is she barely txting me at all (and didnt txt when she said) because she does want it to end?

I also forgot to mention she owes me £500 :O, I lent her it in cash... I just want to know what the best thing to do is... weather its work it out (if at all possible now) and help her through her issues... or its to never get back with her but just try to focus on getting my £500 back?

thanks, and sorry for the long read
    Last edited by regenerate; 04-07-10 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regenerate View Post
    I also forgot to mention she owes me £500 :O, I lent her it in cash... I just want to know what the best thing to do is... weather its work it out (if at all possible now) and help her through her issues... or its to never get back with her but just try to focus on getting my £500 back?
    This part makes you sound like a douche :p

If your main concern is getting the money back, after you break up with her, there is typically a legal process that you can get paid back your money. Of course you need some sort of proof that you lent her the money.

Or, you can continue dating with her, until she gives you back the $250 or whatever, and once she gives it back to you cut contact.

Is this relationship salvagable? You tell me. It sounds like you don't want to keep it going. If you do, then how about sending her a text message? Want a way to calm her insecurities? Send her more text messages, so she knows you're not with someone else. Her behavior has to stem from somewhere, ask her about it.