+ Follow This Topic

Thread: frustrated

frustrated

iv been with my girlfriend for almost a year now. we are in a long distance relataionship and of late for the past few months we've been getting into fights regularly. this makes me extremely frustrated. especially when we get into fights for small things.
    i had a couple of querstions. i recently got a t-shirt that has a cartoon of a couple gettring married and it says 'game over' under it. i got ther t-shirt cuz it was on sale and not because i felt that way about marriage. is it wrong for a person in a commited relationship to get something like that. i thought of it as just a joke.
    also, i told my girlfriend that im not really fond of the eye make up she had on that day. i explained to her that no matter what she would always be beautiful and nothing could change it, i just didnt like that so much. but she got really upset for a long time. first i was being understanding and was talking to her about it. she was still being the same and then started crying. this frustrated me alot and because of that i yelled at her. like just one sentence. and that made things really bad cuz similar things had happened before, i promised i wouldnt do it but i just couldnt control it. she called me heartless for yelling when she was crying. i was just frustrated that she had gotten so upset about it. and she said that only i would ever do something so horrible.
    i do love her and it does hurt when she cries but i just get really frustrated sometimes. what do i do? was i really that horrible?
    how do i make things right ?

I personally would not be offended over the t shirt. It depends on how sensitive your girlfriend is and how you might have worded it over the eye make up, but if you just said you were not keen on it that day and told her she was beautiful regardless like you say then i would have been glad to be told my eye make up was better another way. My boyfriend has said things similar before and i have never took offence over it. But yelling at her even if you are frustrated is never good, talk to her if she crying don't yell. It will only make things worse. To make things right for the fights you have been having just spend some time together without arguements, have fun and apologise for yelling explain you were frustrated and should not have shouted when she was upset.
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Here's a good tip for you.... females tend to respond better to positive reinforcement rather than direct criticism. If you don't like her makeup, the best thing for you to do is to tell her how beautiful she looks when she wears it the way you prefer. Don't tell her at the moment she looks like crap. Wait until she looks nice. If you need to force the issue, tell her how beautiful/sexy/desirable she looks in some photo you like. Be descriptive, tell her explicitly what you like about it, and don't be obvious that you are sending her a hint.

I like that "game over" T-shirt.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?