+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should i do?

What should i do?

Im going to college and ive been dating this girl for a year. Im crazy about her and im almost certain that i will make everything work. one thing about me is that if i have something good in my life, something that make me happy, i dont let that go. i trust her. i know shes always going to be home with open arms. my parents were high school sweethearts, my sister has a boyfriend that has been in her life for a long time and they are getting married. i want the same thing as them... and i know my girlfriend wants the same thing. deep down in my heart i know she feels the same as i do. i never have second thoughts.

Can i have some peoples opinions on if im making the right choice? Has anyone gone through the same thing as me?

*second thoughts* these arent second thoughts im asking this so i have an idea of what im getting myself into. cause i know it will be tough. and i want to know how to make it work. thats why im asking if people have the same situations

I need assurance more than an answer really..

My parents and sister didnt marry young.. they made it work. they were in the same situation as me. but its different between them and me and my girlfriend

i meant high school sweethearts as in. they met eachother and they stayed with eachother till they got married. this october is their 25th ann. they got married at 25

and i mean "make it work" as in i will go the extra mile for her.

High school to college relationships really sucks balls, I would honestly ask you to reconsider.

I was in a similar situation that you had, but my gf at the time and I both decided we should mutually break up right before I left to college. We still chat from time to time, theres no hard feelings or anything.

In college, people really change a lot. But that requires you to have time to focus on yourself. What you are suggesting is a long distance relationship, which, I'll be honest, can work sometimes.... rarely.

I went to a top tier University, everyone around me was very talented/ smart, and still, I only know 1 couple that made it through college with her high school sweetheart. She did it, but also took about two years off from being with him.

What I would suggest to you is, break things off, distance relationships are a bitch to deal with, but instead, you can reconnect with her later. You're young, you should go out, party, learn about YOU.

I know i am young. I will go out and party. and i will always learn more about myself. but i know myself enough to know that i dont let things go. ive learned in the past i should stick with the things that are special to me. I only live once and most people will say i should go out and do whatever i want since i "only live once" but with me staying with her makes everything worth it.

I know i am strong.

Every situation is different. You always hear of relationships that don’t last because of age, but there are those that do last for years and years. you are right, you do only live once, so I say be true to yourself and love if that’s what’s in your heart to do. The most important thing to remember for both of you is to always be responsible and mature enough to communication and to be honest with one another.