+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfreind wanting to see messages

Girlfreind wanting to see messages

Hey there folks!

Just got a little problem.

Before I met my girlfreind, I used to speak to this girl on facebook, through facebook messages. This girl also lives in America, while my girlfreind and I live in Australia. anyway, we would talk alot, and I even spoke to her about my current girlfreind, when I first asked her out and whatever. (nothing bad towards my girlfreind)

I spoke to the girl from america, for 2-3 months after I asked my girlfreind out, and after that, we stopped talking.

Now my girlfreind wants to see the messages between us. There is nothing wrong with the messages, and I haven't said anything bad towards my girlfreind (whom I love very much), but I did once or twice, speak to the girl from america, about my girlfreind, because I didn't understand the way she was thinking; just getting some advice on my girlfreind, from a girl's point of view.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should show her or not, and I'm just thinking what you guys would do?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

Don't show it, it's a breach of your privacy. It's good that she wants to see your texts, trust me, she likes the challenge of having to prove herself to be better than the other girls you talk to. But at the same time, you don't want to make your girlfriend insecure about anything so ensure her that you do indeed love her and that you are with HER, not this other girl.

There's nothing wrong with talking to other girls, just don't cheat on your girlfriend. In fact, it's really good if you're talking to other girls because it will keep you from becoming to dependent on your girlfriend for happiness. Talking to other girls helps prevent you from having your life revolve around your girlfriend and in the end, will ultimately make you a better boyfriend.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 13-07-10 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Don't show it, it's a breach of your privacy. It's good that she wants to see your texts, trust me, she likes the challenge of having to prove herself to be better than the other girls you talk to. But at the same time, you don't want to make your girlfriend insecure about anything so ensure her that you do indeed love her and that you are with HER, not this other girl.
    Thats what I thought to be honest. I tell her that I love her everyday, so she knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    There's nothing wrong with talking to other girls, just don't cheat on your girlfriend.
    Never ever EVER will that happen. I'm not even attracted to this other girl from America.

Thanks for your advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

Just tell your girlfriend you already deleted them. And that she has nothing to worry about.

As long as you weren't exhibiting strange behavior (i.e. late night conversations with American girl), there shouldn't be a reason for you to have to give up your privacy. I would never ask my boyfriend to show me his conversations with his lady friends. For all I know, he did seek them out for advice about me. If so, it's not for me to read. He's with me, and that is all I need.

How does your gf even know about these messages you exchanged with your friend? You must have told her that you had been chatting to a female friend.

To be honest, I don't think your gf has any business demanding to see these messages and it stinks of distrust and insecurity on her part that she does - but I'm also thinking that if there is nothing to hide then you wouldn't have a problem showing them and if it doesn't bother you to show her them.

I'd say I'd deleted them. Not because you've got anything to hide but because I don't think she has a right to demand anything and especially if she has no reason to be distrusting you... therefore I wouldn't show her.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you're being completely honest don't show. It's none of her business.

"oh No! I'm afraid I dropped my cell phone and broke it. I'm sorry I can't show you those messages now " Psst...go buy another cell phone to make the story look good