+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ok...this is pretty long..but i need advice.....

ok...this is pretty long..but i need advice.....

ok..this is pretty long...and im confused....
    there's this guy...who's the best friend of a good friend of mine(though im not really in touch with this girl)and he ended up in my college..and i didnt even know that...till he messaged me on my birthday..which was nice of him....but i didnt respond well(i was pretty distant and rude actually)...but a few days later..he called me for lunch(just as friends..not like a date)and i went bcoz i didnt want to be more rude..and we had a good time..we talked a lot..he didnt let me pay even though i totally wanted to(he said u pay next time...if there's a next time)and then he texted me later thanking me for coming(he said he didnt expect that i would)and then we just lost touch(i was always hostile towards him)and then once...just for formality sake..i called him out (he asked..what?formality huh?)and said that he had other plans that day....i was totally pissed and didnt bother about him again..this was the 1st semseter....

in the 2nd semester....somehow again we spoke(dunno how it happened) and asked me out for lunch again..and i said i would go with him..but a sudden extra class came up and i couldnt...i only informed him at the last moment...so we went later for dinner instead ...i thought he would be upset but again it went very well..we talked a lot(just as friends)..he paid this time too and i said i wont come again if he pays all the time.....and we walked for a while too(and we made a deal..whoever asks the other out,pays)and then we texted once in a while...and one day,there was this party..he said that he was going and asked if i was going too...i said i was...i saw him twice or thrice at the party...staring at me once...all the guys that day were totally drunk and out of their senses...so didnt go near him...and then he texted me late asking if i was back safe .....i had a test the next day so i had to stay up studying for it...he was texting me all the while..he said he wasnt sleepy though he boozed fully...he showed a lot of care(i said i was sleepy and he was asking to get some rest...he said that it was just a minor test..no need to be tensed about it)
    we used to text once in a while..then i asked him for lunch once and he agreed....then he called up saying he couldnt make it...perhaps the next day...then i was so pissed that i didnt respond the next day..finally we went out the day after(the thing was i was so pissed..yet,when we talked..it was normal....like nothing had happened!)i finally paid this time....and he asked me 'are u happy now?' while paying...i said that i was.. this was about a week before our end-semester examinations...and then we kinda lost touch....we've not really spoken since...and we dont even chat when both of us are online...bu he keeps liking my statuses..he liked my display pic on facebook....
    the thing is..i've always acted hostile towards him...though we are from the same college we rarely see eact other bcoz we are from dfferent courses....but once in a while when we bump into each other...he just gazes at me until i say a quick hi(we dont even talk after that hi..just go our ways).....and i forgot to mention that im from india..so things are a little different here....not all people are so open about their relationships...and ive always been what u can say a studious,sincere girl..while he's easygoing and carefree...he knows that i would never encourage him or be flirty with him(u can say that he's a little scared of me )....and i've been only friendly with him always...but i dunno why?after that day of the party...i've been thinking a lot about him...what does he feel about me?
    and im confused by my own feelings about him..bcoz whenever i went with him.it feels good(like,normal and easy and i just tend to be myself and have a lot of fun..even though i dont really show it)....someone help me...

Regardless that you may do relationships differently over there and may not be so open in intentions, I can't figure out why you would act 'hostile' and to someone that you like? Isn't that giving a wrong impression and when you act hostile? I'm kinda surprised that this guy even bothers with you at all.

If you want to get and keep someones interest, then you have to show interest yourself and that is easily done and while remaining a lady. It costs nothing to be always open to conversation with him and to act pleasant and politely toward him. Hostility and all these mixed messages you are sending, will drive him away and make him think you don't like him.

It's hard to say what he will be thinking, but I would imagine he is very confused in regard to you.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Regardless that you may do relationships differently over there and may not be so open in intentions, I can't figure out why you would act 'hostile' and to someone that you like? Isn't that giving a wrong impression and when you act hostile? I'm kinda surprised that this guy even bothers with you at all.

If you want to get and keep someones interest, then you have to show interest yourself and that is easily done and while remaining a lady. It costs nothing to be always open to conversation with him and to act pleasant and politely toward him. Hostility and all these mixed messages you are sending, will drive him away and make him think you don't like him.

It's hard to say what he will be thinking, but I would imagine he is very confused in regard to you.
    i was hostile before we ended up in the same college.....never liked him before that...but after my birthday(where i felt that i was a little rude)i started being kinda nice,right?i ADMIT...MAYBE i didnt hint that i liked him..but i was very nice....i went out with him and all....and we got along so well whenever we went out....its just that he thinks im beyond his league...he respects me a lot,...i know that he's talked about me to a friends saying that im a topper and all(im doing the top course in the university..while he was a late admission student)....but he would just never think that i started having feelings for him,he just thinks im being nice! ....and that day when he boozed at the party...the way he texted me was like soooo sweet and caring...and when people are drunk,they express their feelings right?
    and its like when we go out...everything is perfect..but when we suddenly bump into each other its a simple hi(but the way we look at each other..its like a bond).....