+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Finally the possibility of a relationship

Finally the possibility of a relationship

Hello all....so here's the deal. I've been single for about 3 years now. In those three years I have, for the first time in my life, been enjoying the single life. I have always felt like it was wrong to sleep with others that I really didn't know that well, but in the past three years I figured I would give it a shot and I have been having fun with it.

Maybe that is bad, but I know it is fairly common. I have wanted to be in a relationship for a while now, but since I have been working out and in decent shape, I have been getting more girls and part of me wants to keep doing that, while the other part of me says that will only get me into trouble. And a steady relationship could actually lead somewhere and be a good thing. I wonder if it's a little hesitation just because I'm used to my total freedom...? Or maybe I don't want to get hurt again?

This girl called me and invited me to go roller blading with her, and suggested we catch a movie sometime. She's nice and sweet, good hearted girl, and is really cute! So I wonder why I'm even debating going out with her.

Her only downfall is that she doesn't carry her end of the conversation as much as I would like, but it could be because she's a little shy or nervous.

Maybe i'm just nervous because it's been so long since i've been in a relationship? Or i overthink things and think she's not perfect.....but I try and remind myself that nobody is. So I don't know....I guess I'm just wanting a different perspective on this all.

Thanks,

Enjoying the single life sounds amazing. Steady relationships are good too, and you should give them a try when you can. Don't be too focused on one girl, be aware that you can be happy with other people to and don't become desperate.

If you want to keep doing stuff with other girls, don't get into a relationship. You can wait till your older or more mature and your passions have died down more and you are willing to settle in more. No matter how much you trust yourself, it's harder than you think to stay faithful especially if you're not ready for a full commitment
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 13-07-10 at 10:49 PM.

I think you should really get all that stuff out of your system before you get into a relationship. Do all the things you ever wanted to do that a girlfriend might not be into. Satisfying these curiosities is really the best thing you can do for your future serious girlfriends, so you can fully commit yourself when the time comes and not feel like you're missing anything.

It doesn't sound to me like you're really quite ready to get into a commitment, so don't let it happen.
    Spammer Spanker