+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he love me? Do I love him?

Does he love me? Do I love him?

Well, hello, this is my first post ever and it is also my first relationship ever. I'm an 18 year old girl that has been dating a 20 year old boy for almost 3 months. He's one of my best friends older brothers and he is quite great. We like to spend time together and we both have a similar way of expressing ourselves and a similar sense of humor. The problem is I'm not sure if we can communicate super well, we do admit things to each other that we wouldn't say to anyone, but I don't feel as comfortable talking to him (in some situations not in all) as I feel with my friends, it is like the conversation is forced, like if we have nothing to say to each other. We seem to connect well emotionally (communication without words and understanding each other without words) but i don't think that's enough, we need to be able to have a normal conversation without it simply being a humorous conversation with no point (we do that a lot). I wonder if we should be together, because if i cant have an amazing conversation with him, then doesnt that mean we are just infatuated with each other? Also I think he has a hard time expressing the real him, hes a very monotyone person (never gets mad, sad, etc) the only emotions he can express is happy with a mocking attatude, and i can't help but thiunk this is a defence mecanism, so that other people dont feel troubled by him (and dont get me wrong he is a very sociable guy, and a lot of people like him, though on the other hand he likes very few people. Finally another problem, my friend (his sister) said he was only dating me to get in my pants, and i've been warned by others to be careful. I confronted him, he sounded hurt and i believe that he thinks he trully loves me but now im wondering that if i have sex with him, then he'll fall out of love. Ever since my friend told me that tho, a little piece of me is less open to falling more in love with him.
    Also he always complements me, says im smart and beautiful and have good taste in music but i feel weird when someone showers me wiht complements, i feel as tho the person is trying to trick themselves that they are in love, that I'm perfect (which of course I'm not.

sorry this is long ill shorten it up:
    If you can't communicate super well with words (but physically and in lack of finding a better word "spiritually" you do) does that mean ur relationship is bullshit?

Is there a way to make someone more likely to open up when they 24/7 have a defense mechanism up? (i also have a defense mechanism up I always laugh when I'm hurt and he sorta does that too but even more) and he told me that he is almost never this open with people and he tells me things, i think he is very comfortable with me but i think it could be better.

If people warned me against him and his sister (though i know she has a lot of emotional problems because of past abuse concerning men) is telling me that hes with me to have sex should I be worried? (he told me about his one night stands in the past and that he did sleep around a bit, but he also said there were some girls he really did love and that i was one of them(he was in a relationship with a girl for 4 years and they waited a long time to have sex (though she was kinda crazy).

And finally if i guy complements you all the time, is that a good thing or a bad thing? because in my past men never looked at me and usually laghed at me (i was teased a lot in high school) and now when my boyfriend says im beautiful lets just say im reluctant to believe him . so yeah people with experience please answer my qustions thanks in advance

o and also he is a very smooth guy, he could get out of a lot of bullshit and he admited that he used to be a very large liar but he isnt anymore (and he randomly admited that to me, i wasnt coxing it out of him) he phones me every night to talk and randomly brings me flowers etc. hes really sweet, its just i wonder if his feelings and mine are true.
    Last edited by jackie 18; 14-07-10 at 03:40 AM.