+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why is my ex ignoring me and sending "prank" texts? can we ever get back together?

why is my ex ignoring me and sending "prank" texts? can we ever get back together?

i had this posted in the "ask a male" forum but i would really appreciate a variety of opinions! ok we used to be good friends, then started dating aged 12-13.... i found that he got very nervous and we stopped being comfortable around each other. i also knew that i really liked him and always would. he told me he loved me. i thought we should split and go through high school a little freer and get back to being friends and i really hoped that i'd be able for a long term realtionship with him at an older age since what we had was very special and not for somone so young to have.

being 13, i didn't really communicate this to him properly and i was stupid. i assumed everything would still go to plan. it didn't, he got very upset, so did his friends and now.... he can't even look at me.

a few months after we broke up i got a text saying "i still like you text back" and didn't even get a chance to reply before i got another text saying sorry that was my friend pranking you. i was hurt and confused and just left it...

3 years have passed, he still can't look at me. we've both been in a few other relationships and he has dated some very good looking girls. i have had great relationships and fancied other guys but nothing remotely serious or deep. i'm more mature and more ready for a "real" relationship now and my attempts to forget about my 1st love have failed. i still really want to give our relationship a proper shot now...

is there any hope? why can't he look at me? were those texts really a prank? if so why did they prank me? what should i do?

any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Call him up and invite him to something really casual, like a big group trip to the movies or something and pay attention to how he acts. You'll be able to tell if he still likes you.
    Spammer Spanker

^^ This

Dont beg him to go, just invite him as a friend. Let him know about an event and casually say something like, "You're free to join me/us if you like" and end it at that..

Is there hope? People get back together all the time, even years after they break up...Only you will know by how he reacts to your invitation.
    You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Don't use the 'prank text' as an excuse to talk. That all happened 3 years ago and he will think you are off your rocker and if you mention things from that long ago.

I can't possibly see why he'd be holding grudges and after all this time, so pluck up the courage and to smile at him and next time you see him, see how he reacts to that. Maybe smile and approach him, say 'hi' or something. If you broke things off, then it's down to you and to find your back.

hi, good advice guys but a little hard to act on it seeing as we haven't actually hung out in so long and he even avoids eye contact. i don't want to talk to him about the text or anything but i would like to know if you guys think that it was a prank or an attempt to show me how he felt. i was even thinking that the friend that supposedly did might have wanted to get us back talking since he/she knew he still liked me?? if i had a better idea as to what people think might actually be the case, or what might be going in his head then i'd know whether i should just forget him or should i try and meet up with him somehow or maybe write an email...??

thanks again guys!

It could have been sent as a joke and done by one of his friends and I'm thinking it was and because if this guy had sent it and been genuine that he wanted you back, he'd have awaited a response from you surely? His friend could have sent it knowing he wanted you back, then your ex quickly sent the next message.....you won't ever know the truth behind why it was done and nobody can tell why it was done.

It's pointless to just sit around and think about what may be going on with him and because you would likely never know. The only way and to get your answer, is to either approach/act friendly around him, or get one of your friends to approach him for you and try to quiz him and see if they can get some clue as to what he thinks about you now.

Or do what everyone else seems to do, befriend him on Facebook.

ha ha! i've already done that... he hasn't tried to talk to me on it and i've been tempted to talk to him but i'm afriad. laaaame i know. but i will, eventually! not really sure what to say but i know it will be trivial and casual. like on facebook IM i'll say hey! how are you? long time no talk. how's summer? and see where it goes.

the reason i'm thinking about what everything might mean is because i'm scared...

thanks for your help and advice!

Alright let me tell you my high school story.

Age...14? This girl and I had history class together. We flirted in class NON STOP. Although she had a boyfriend, i didn't care and i felt as ease when i was around her. After that year? I asked her to the homecoming dance, which she said no to and was going with her friends with no date, i think she had broken up with her boyfriend at that time. I felt so embarrassed and stupid that I was let down like that. I got angry and pretty much broke our friendship. Three years pass and nothing happens, we dont even make eye contact in the hallways when we pass. Although every time i passed her locker, i always looked at her and felt something for her. One day, then i was 17, on AOL instant messenger, i still had her screen name from the past 3 years ago. I for some reason felt compelled to IM her. So i said "Sarah? is that you?" She obviously replied with a no, and i asked who it was. I already knew, this my master plan at getting back together. Well we made up and i asked if she wanted to hang out some time. After that we became friends again (now much more mature) and to this day she is my girl. We are 19 now and even though we have our problems, everyone does, we still love each other very much and are committed to our relationship. We got together when we were 17 but knew each other since we were 13 - 14.

So moral of the story? Dont feel afraid to message him. As you can see, my corny ass scheme worked wonders. She tells me that back when we were 14 in history class, even though she had a boyfriend, she had a big thing for me. And I for her. And even though 3 years passed which we both had many relationships, we still ended getting back together some how. So again, dont be afraid and do what your heart feels. This sounds cliche but if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. Do it now or you'll live your life kicking yourself asking "What if?"

Quote Originally Posted by ailvasharpova View Post
    ha ha! i've already done that... he hasn't tried to talk to me on it and i've been tempted to talk to him but i'm afriad. laaaame i know. but i will, eventually! not really sure what to say but i know it will be trivial and casual. like on facebook IM i'll say hey! how are you? long time no talk. how's summer? and see where it goes.

the reason i'm thinking about what everything might mean is because i'm scared...

thanks for your help and advice!
    Heard that saying 'Shy kids get no sweets'.

What the heck have you got to lose, just go for it.