+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Women's thoughts on opposite sex friendships

Women's thoughts on opposite sex friendships

So, out of curiosity....is it easy for girls/women to have guy friends without thinking about sex?

For myself, it's really hard for me to have an attractive girl for just a friend without thinking about hooking up with her.

I don't have alot of friends that are girls that I'm close with...maybe for that reason lol.

They go in the 'friendzone' and for a reason....we ARE NOT thinking about having sex with them.

Usually, it's the guys who can't stop thinking about getting down with their female friends, but sometimes it's the other way around. It's rare, in my experience, for both to be completely disinterested in each other.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree, one or both parties is usually thinking about sex. I certainly do... it's more I wonder... instead of I wish... and I wonder about A LOT of guys...

I know, Im a guy, soory. My best friend is one of the most attractive and straight up beautiful girls I have yet to see in this town. We really are good friends and I HONESTLY dont ever think about having sex with her. We have never done anything with each other, even kiss. Eh sometimes we flirt and talk each other up but thats just more playing and trying to put a smile on her face. I am PRETTY sure she feels the same. I dont THINK she wants to hook up with me as far as I can tell. I am pretty confident that our friendship is just purely mutual and we have known each other for 6 years. Truth be told though, it makes it really tough to find a great girl to date because when your friend is so awesome the other girl always gets jealous and insecure with the friendship. She always thinks... "How could you NOT want to be with that girl?"

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Once a guy is my friend, there's no interest there beyond that. He could be the most gorgeous man alive, but if he's friendzoned, he stays there forever. The thought of hooking up with him would be, in my mind, equivalent to hooking up with a male family member. Utterly nasty.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

hey everyone, im 17, a guy and recently fallen in love with my best friend(a girl). We were really close, like we would tell each other everything and always try to cheer each other up when the other was down. Shes really shy, and rarely opens up to anyone. But she always talks to me when upset or somethings up. we both know each other's lives backwards, and she's the only one that I feel I can really talk to about anything. We have very similar interests(we're both musicians). i've always found her sorta attractive, but its gotten way out of hand lately :S. Like if I dont talk to her for a day, I would literally feel like crap. I find myself thinking about her every minute of every day, usually of how wonderful and beautiful she is. I recently told her that I've fallen in love with her. She said she doesn't know if she feels the same way about me, and that she doesn't want to lose me as a friend. Maybe she just isn't attracted to me...i don't think Im particularly attractive, but i dont think im unattractive either... She also said that if the timing isn't right, things won't work out. I wasn't really sure what she meant by this but I told her I would wait (I didn't know how painful this would be). And I would as well, even if it takes 50 years :S It seems all good now, but lately ive felt like she's gotten scared of me? like I would sit next to her and she would kinda angle away her body from me like as if I was going to attack her or something :S I have no idea whats going through her head, and she doesn't know how painful all this is for me. Any advice? Pleaasse

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My advice is to make your own thread, Joe6.

I believe you CAN have friendships with the opposite gender, but yes, I usually DO consider what sex would be like. Maybe that's why although I seem to get along pretty well with most males, my close friendships are pretty much exclusively with females.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Once a guy is my friend, there's no interest there beyond that. He could be the most gorgeous man alive, but if he's friendzoned, he stays there forever. The thought of hooking up with him would be, in my mind, equivalent to hooking up with a male family member. Utterly nasty.
    He still wants to bone you, though.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I know.....unfortunately I found that out with a few of my guy friends. Too bad.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

whoops...sorry new to this thing...