+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I go about doing this?!?!?

How should I go about doing this?!?!?

I told this girl once that I really like her and think she is cute and everything. I figured let her know and leave it at that since she has a boyfriend and everything, but now she says its falling apart and the relationship is complicated, possibly giving me a chance to at least become friends.

Problem: I'm shy and can't keep a good conversation or start one at that

The good thing is that she said she likes the nice gentlemen guys, which is what I am, what should I do?

Or how should I start/keep a conversation going with her, if I should at all.

First of all, if you want to come off as a confident, attractive contender for the position of New Boyfriend, don't try to weasel in there as her "friend". You'll end up with a soggy shoulder and a sad look on your face as she is taken from you by someone else. Even if you get a chance at her, you'll just be her Rebound Clown.

Tell her you're not going to pretend to be sorry to hear her relationship is falling apart and that you're ready to take her out as soon as the dust settles. Then smile charmingly and walk away.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    First of all, if you want to come off as a confident, attractive contender for the position of New Boyfriend, don't try to weasel in there as her "friend". You'll end up with a soggy shoulder and a sad look on your face as she is taken from you by someone else. Even if you get a chance at her, you'll just be her Rebound Clown.

Tell her you're not going to pretend to be sorry to hear her relationship is falling apart and that you're ready to take her out as soon as the dust settles. Then smile charmingly and walk away.
    The problem with that is that I graduated and probably won't ever see her in person again so the only time I can talk to her is over the internet

Quote Originally Posted by R0aDRuNN3R5 View Post
    The problem with that is that I graduated and probably won't ever see her in person again so the only time I can talk to her is over the internet
    Then replace the part where I said "smile charmingly" with "insert charming smiley" and proceed.
    Spammer Spanker