+ Follow This Topic

Thread: can't get over this one

can't get over this one

for some reason I can't get over this one girl I met recently. I went to high school with her but never talked to her and didn't really find her attractive until this year. She's inexperienced with men, and up until recently hasn't even kissed a guy, mostly due to her unconventional look (which for some reason I find so attractive). We started going to the same parties and an interest in her started to build when my friend said that "she thinks I'm cute" or something of the sort. One night I got pretty drunk and was flirting with her all night, I even got her number. Word got around that I'm interested though, which isn't ever really good. The night after at a different party she was extremely drunk and my friend said she was all over me. She was touching me a lot and we pretty much shattered the touch barrier with various hand holding and arm around her type stuff. The cops broke the party and she was really scared due to past experiences, so I sort of protected her from them. She said to her friends to tell me I was really nice...girls don't like nice guys from what I hear.

The only problem is she has never really showed any interest. She did that one night but that could have been because she was pretty drunk. But then I think about it, and I'm really shy around her, so I don't really show any interest either unless I'm drunk. I'm hoping we're both just very shy because we both have virtually no experience in dating, and don't have heaping amounts of confidence when it comes to the opposite sex. I've never seen her flirt with other men, so I'm probably one of the only ones in her life that has done so with her lately. Anyways, tonight I saw her again at a party, and we barely drank (and therefore didn't talk much) but I can't help but wonder...

So I was thinking of just going all in and texting her or messaging her on facebook saying something like "I always find parties a hard place to have actual conversations with someone. I think we should go get some coffee or something sometime because I would like to get to know you a little more." It's not as good as in person, but it's so hard to strike up individual conversations with people at parties like the ones I go to. I've dealt with a similar type of girl and it lead me to constantly think "does she like me?" so I would really just like to put myself out there, and then if she isn't interested I can move on. Would this be weird? What should I do?

You said you got her number right? Give her a call and invite her for coffee, it would show your interest somewhat more seriously than a facebook message (however if you are really too uncomfortable with a phone conversation a facebook message like the one you described would work as well). I would advise against putting too much stock in events that occurred whilst intoxicated, just ask her out and establish if the attraction is mutual. Good luck

thanks for the advice. I'm not very good at talking to girls on the phone. I did it once and my voice was shaky and I sounded like a wuss. I think I'll do a text or something though, at least at first until we get more comfortable with each other. When she gave me the number her cell was actually broken at the time, so I never used it. It's now been about a month and her phone works again, so I hope it won't be awkward to send her a text. This situation is kind of strange because it's not like this is the only attractive girl I know. Yesterday I even asked another girl out over text and she was into it, but for some reason I can't stop thinking about this one.

any ladies have a response?
    Last edited by OhSuzy; 17-07-10 at 11:44 PM.

You gotta start bringing in some charm. A good convo you can bring up is that you guys only start talking a lot when you both drink too muc.
    Try to use that as a good conversation and make it funny cuz girls hate boring conversations. If they talk without real laughter and a fake smile, we all know she is not in to you. You could probably starts by saying, "hey, you ever notice that we start talking a lot when we're drunk"? "Here, lets go to the Liquor store and robb the place for booz and lottery tickets". "After, lets decide what we're gonna do with the money we won off the lottery tickets", right here you should let her tell you what she would spend the money on, then when it's your turn you can say, "...oh, I was thinking of spending that money on more booze so we can talk more". This is something that I picked up quick and fast.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?