+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SO girls are interested but then NOT after a day?

Ah, this helps to clarify. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Also, realize that the reason that bars and parties aren't good places aren't because there aren't quality women there, but because the atmosphere is not conducive to striking up a conversation interesting enough to capture their attention till the next day. If you start asking someone, "So, where are you from?" in a bar, you have to contend with the loud noises, the "what, couldn't hear you"s, etc.

I went downstairs and introduced myself to the 3 guys that live in the apartment below me the other day after I moved in. I stood there and talked to them for 10 minutes, and I feel like I could go have a drink with any of them and have a great time, because in that context, there was no need for any pretension, any "smoothness", etc. As soon as you approach someone in a bar, her guard goes up because she knows what you are "after" - a date, sex, whatever. If you can meet someone in a situation where her guard is down, where the conversation can take a natural course, people feel more comfortable and you can gauge your actual compatibility and see what you have in common in a way that isn't as transparent.
    Ok well I met a girl last night and we seemed to get along great. Ill try the "call" thing and see if that works. Personally Im not gonna do a thing for at least a few days though. See where that goes.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Realize that this method can backfire. If a guy waits to call me that is a VERY clear indication he's not interested and that's the end of him. Yes, this is just a mere personal opinion but I also know I am not the only gal to hold this opinion.

^No you aren't and because I'm the same. Any guy who will wait to call me, I'd assume wouldn't have a high interest and I'd be gone.
    I like a man to show his interest.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Realize that this method can backfire. If a guy waits to call me that is a VERY clear indication he's not interested and that's the end of him. Yes, this is just a mere personal opinion but I also know I am not the only gal to hold this opinion.
    This may be your opinion which is totally justified BUT the truth is most guys think calling a girl too soon is a bad move. The truth is, we (at least me) have been bounced around by so many different types of girls that all want different things that we just dont know what to do any more. Last I heard, if you call a girl too soon then it means your CREEPY or desperate. Now It means your uninterested. Blah, cannot win haha. Of course there is that thing where if your uninterested he just wont call. If he is then he will eventually.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Everyone wants different things but again IMO- he's ONLY creepy and desperate if I don't like him. If I like him you can't call soon enough...

Everyone wants different things but again IMO- he's ONLY creepy and desperate if I don't like him. If I like him you can't call soon enough...
    So the whole "wait two days" rule is bunk?

Pick UP THE PHONE AND CALL.

kids and damn texting.
    Not only that, if you've never called her before, all she sees pop up is a number and she doesn't know you from Adam. Pick up the damned phone and call her. Remind her of the tavern and ask her out. Texting is fing annoying to me. I do it with people I know but I don't want to come across as text to a new woman. I want to come across as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by phys251 View Post
    YES!

If you waited 2 days to call me, I wouldn't pick up.

Like Girl said, if we like you, you can't call soon enough.

Any female that accuses you of being desperate, needy, etc and blows you off, wasn't that interested to start with.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I text girls after I get their number. Maybe it's a generational thing.

Anyway, as a rule my first text will:

1. Just say hello, won't ask them out or ask them to do anything at all.

2. Make some reference, joke, to something that's gone on between us the night before. I think it's a subtle way to remind the girl of a good time you've had, and it shows you've got a sense of humour. It also makes you sound relaxed.

Then, once you have a couple of texts going back and forth, ask 'em to do something. But I always make it sound really casuaul, like you're not too fussed either way
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by phys251 View Post
    For me, (and apparently xxasurexx) yes- absolutely. Becasue if I like him I'm actaully waiting and excited for him to call if he don't I wonder- why he calling other girls up first to busy to even say "hey"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12