+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i can't just "get over it" ..

i can't just "get over it" ..

I know there are so many threads out here about being low/depressed.
    But this is more of a request for anyone who's had experience with depression to talk to me?
    I read through some of the posts on here and it seems most people dont understand.
    I have no-one to talk too, im 20 and in a relationship of a year - ive had to grow up fast so im alot more mature than my friends who dont understand, ive spoke to a couple & their answer is "come out with us, get drunk" - i dont blame them for not understanding. My boyfriend tells me to "get over it" and my family have alot of problems at the minute so i dont want to off load of them. I have an appointment with a professional in 2 weeks time. but would really appreciate someone to talk too or any advice.

i have no confidence whatsoever, i really dislike myself.
    i feel like everytime something good happens or gets better, something bad ruins it.. i cry everyday and breakdown and have real anger problems where i just want to scream!

Sounds like getting drunk is the last thing you need at the moment. I think you need some new friends and surround yourself with positive people.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

pm me if you want. what's the reason for all of this, where did it come from?

yeah katie, we're all here for you. tell us whats goin on.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know it feels like nobody understands, alot do and alot more dont. Im 23 and have had to grow up very quickly, i had similar feelings to you in that it felt as though my friends answer to most things was either get drunk or just 'not to worry'. I felt very alone like no one cared but since realised that of course they all cared but we were at different stages in our life and they just genuinely didnt understand how to help.

I think its easy to wallow in self pity and forget about the good things in life. Everybody goes through bad stages or periods but you have to remember that however bad your problems/life may seem right now, there are a lot of people out there much worse off.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

How about sharing your MSN or something? I'm sure some people would be happy to talk to you

I'm glad you're going to see somebody about this. Your allusion to having to grow up too fast tells me you probably have very valid reasons for your depression and anger.

Tell us, what's your living situation like? Is home a place where you feel comfortable?
    Spammer Spanker

Sorry i havent had a chance to write back, my internet connection was cut off due to changing providers..

its not just at home. I really dont know what it is, ive lost my job and so im stuck inside alot which i think adds to the depression, i do try and get out but there is only so much i can do. My family suffer alot of personal problems and money troubles, so when they're down it kind of rubs off on me. and im kind of rubbing off on my boyfriend.. me and him argue alot too.

I just generally feel as though im stuck in a rut, i know its only me who can get out of it but i do try and feel like i always fall on my face!

thankyou all so much.