+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Huh?

Huh?

Alright I am in my mid 30's and I have been single for a while and tonight just spelled things out as to the reasons why, no offense Ladies...but WTF? you cannot be mad at a guy if you are just hanging out as good friends and you cannot tell him that you might get lucky tonight, only to get mad at you at the end of the night for EVERYTHING under the sun!

This girl and I were out drinking for hours and the first signs of trouble were when I was talking and laughing with some local bartenders I know, we are not in a relationship, surely I can do what I like?

She came back to my place and then we got high (which she kept asking me for) and obviously this was a very bad idea, because she started at me about so much and I said to her we are not in a relationship and you can't own me like that sorry, she packed a massive sad and kept saying oh I need to go home and then went she went outside and blamed me for the rain and me for the Taxi company for not coming and said to me oh no wonder why you fallout with people and I said yes some, because they have no clue what friendship means and don't know how to communicate properly and that is what I thought good friends did.

Anyway M said in the end that there was something she couldn't talk about and whined at me, even that I should have given her my jacket even when said no at least 3 times ? so I waited outside with her until her cab arrived.

Am I mad? no, but I am very confused and we established a long time ago that we are better off as friends.

Ladies, what exactly did I do wrong here?, this girl is a good friend but I actually don't enjoy the "joking" abuse and the bartenders at my local were looking at me a lot and at one stage she even thought they were making fun of her and they weren't at all.

Am I not allowed to flirt and have fun when I am single and hanging out with a good friend? and how does not talking about something help matters?

I'm lost.

I am thinking that some girls see it as a bad thing, that some guys in there life do actually want to be just friends?
    Last edited by doesntcompute; 31-07-10 at 10:35 PM.

Stop sleeping with her if thats whats going on. She obviously has more feelings for you than you do for her. I think you may need to distance yourself from her so she can get the idea that you and her will never be more than just friends, some people just need the out of sight, out of mind to get it through to them.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    Stop sleeping with her if thats whats going on. She obviously has more feelings for you than you do for her. I think you may need to distance yourself from her so she can get the idea that you and her will never be more than just friends, some people just need the out of sight, out of mind to get it through to them.

Thanks QueenofCorona but this is the thing I am NOT sleeping with her, we kissed once in a drunken pash and I said to her it would be better to be friends a while ago.