+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flirting online - Would you call this cheating??

tell him that it should be you apologising to him not the other way round. you need to give him the real reason why you're doing this, he deserves to know. and you need to tell him that you need to talk and say that you can't do this anymore. be truthful but not harsh.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Quote Originally Posted by gijayne40 View Post
    then my partner's immaturity started creeping in little by little. I noticed that he would criticise my appearance , then criticise how I raised my child (he has no kids by the way) and other critiscms......basically just trying to undermine me and put me down. Over time this has gotten me down and I now have low esteem. We have broken up many times but have got back together recently and we are trying to make it work.
    It seems you don't handle criticism well. He's opening up more personal stuff because he wants something more out of the relationship. Not unless you just want to have fun and not let him into your life. But that's up to you.
    Criticizing does not equate to immaturity. Otherwise, we'd have underage food and fashion writers telling us which restaurants are good and what clothes to wear.
    Last edited by nerdy_guy; 09-08-10 at 09:26 AM.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Quote Originally Posted by gijayne40 View Post
    Ok, an update on my situation - I spoke with my partner about breaking up and I honestly didn't expect he's response. He was so suprised to know I was so unhappy and he told me I was the best woman he had ever had, he then broke down in tears. He apologised profusely (he hardly ever apologises even if he's in the wrong)!! However, deep down I know getting back together would be a mistake but how do I tell a 'broken man' that the relationship is over?

I am not a heartless person (infact I can be a bit too nice sometimes) and I still respect this man who I shared my life with for 2 years so I told him that we should just have a break - was this wrong of me, knowing the relationship hasnt got a future?
    Do you really think a break is going to reignite your passion for him? That's the only reason I could foresee this break being successful in any way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12